[SOLVED] Previously working Weatherbinding not working anymore

I have one of those facepalm problems that when I find the solution no doubt I will call myself an idiot.
Anyway, I have been using the weatherbinding without problems: installed the weatherbinding, configured the weather.cfg, adde the items to my items file, worked right away.
But then for unrelated reasons I had to go back to a previous build,which in my case meant flipping in an other sdcard, replaced the old config files and with a bit of tweaking everything worked again… except the weather info.
And for the life of me I can’ t see what I did wrong and it was a fully functioning code before.
My weather.cfg looks like this:

# The apikey for the different weather providers, at least one must be specified
# Note: Hamweather requires two apikeys: client_id=apikey, client_secret=apikey2
#apikey.ForecastIo=
apikey.OpenWeatherMap=e741839fexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
#apikey.WorldWeatherOnline=
apikey.Wunderground=e5cb7a9xxxxxxxxx
#apikey.Hamweather=
#apikey2.Hamweather=
#apikey.Meteoblue=

# location configuration, you can specify multiple locations
weather:location.home.name=home
weather:location.home.latitude=51.765
weather:location.home.longitude=5.890
weather:location.home.provider=Wunderground
weather:location.home.language=en
weather:location.home.updateInterval=15

# location configuration, you can specify multiple locations
weather:location.OWMhome.name=home
weather:location.OWMhome.latitude=51.765
weather:location.OWMhome.longitude=5.890
weather:location.OWMhome.provider=OpenWeatherMap
weather:location.OWMhome.language=en
weather:location.OWMhome.updateInterval=15

and my items are just standard:

String   Condition           "Condition [%s]"               <sun_clouds>     (Weather)       {weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=text"}
String   CommonId         "Common id [%s]"   <sun_clouds> (Weather)  {weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=commonId"}
Number   Wind_Speed_Mph      "Windspeed [%.2f km/h]"        <wind>           (Weather)       {weather="locationId=home, type=wind, property=speed"}
String   Wind_Direction      "Wind direction [%s]"         <windrose>           (Weather)       {weather="locationId=home, type=wind, property=direction"}
Number   Wind_Degree         "Wind degree [%.0f °]"       <wind>           (Weather)       {weather="locationId=home, type=wind, property=degree"}
Number   Wind_Gust_Mph       "Wind gust [%.2f km/h]"       <wind>(Weather)       {weather="locationId=home, type=wind, property=gust"}
Number   Rain                "Rain [%.2f mm/h]"           <water>          (Weather)       {weather="locationId=home, type=precipitation, property=rain"}
Number   UV_Index            "UV Index [%d]"                   <sun>            (Weather)   {weather="locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=uvIndex, scale=0"}
Number   Ozone            "Ozone [%d ppm]"    	(Weather)  {weather="locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=ozone"}
DateTime CurrentDate            "Date [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]"   <calendar>  { channel="ntp:ntp:local:dateTime" }
String   Station_Name         "Station [%s]"  <windgauge>  (Weather)    {weather="locationId=home, type=station, property=name"}

and though it worked before, it does not now and i have no idea why.

When i check http://192.168.1.103:8080/rest/items it seems like all my weatheritems render NULL as state.

As to be expected I find no update of any of the weatheritems in my eventlog and also the openhab log does not show any relevant errors.

I double checked the api-keys, tried openweathermap instead of weatherunderground but no avail.

What am I not seeing here??

Delete the weather: in front of you config lines:

http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/weather1/readme.html

Thank you. The simplicity of your reply humbles me and makes me ashamed especially as the examples are right in front of me in the weather.cfg file.

I checked back ups of my cfg file in the working version and to my surprise that had “weather” in front of it

Anyway, I removed it but to no prevail. Still no weatherdata, rebooted, still no weather data, gave it some time, still no data

Hmm, two more - final - ideas:

check through karaf console if the weather binding is in state “Active”, if yes, go to /userdata/config/org/openhab/weather.config and delete the file, then restart openHAB.
If no, start the binding manually through karaf.

Always in a hurry :grinning:

Seems i can only get into Karaf from the raspberry itself
Hmmm, access denied. I checked the /userdata/config/org/openhab/weather.cfg file earlier though and it was from today. ( var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/weather.cfg)
As i can’t get into karaf, i will just delete it and restart

… and that seemed to solve it.

Thank you very very much

1 Like