[SOLVED] Problem: Chart generation failed: null

@imad
since your problem is solved, please mark the thread as resolved!

Edit: You did that already, Thanks!

1 Like

can you tell me please, how i can change the time in chart.
the time in chart and Response Body (1563120000000) it is difference

On REST the time is given in millisecs since some data 1970 or so. The chart does give it human readable. When choosing longer times you will see day-names and dates. That is done automatically for the built-in charts. You can’t change them.
If you need more control over the chart you have to switch to Grafana (more powerfully, more config needed, takes resources from the system
)

thank you :wink:

Hi, I just observed exactly the same problem on my system. It turned out that the package “fontconfig” was missing in my OpenHABian 2.4.0-1. After installing it (“apt-get install fontconfig”) chart generation worked fine. That also expains why installing influxDB + grafana package helps: it installs as dependency also the fontconfig package.

Your hint
“log:set DEBUG org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.internal.chart”
put me on the right track.

Thanks!!

For reference here my system data:
Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Kernel = Linux 4.19.57-v7+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1
openHAB 2.4.0-1 (Release Build)
openjdk version “1.8.0_212”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu8.38.0.163-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_212-b163)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu8.38.0.163-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.212-b163, mixed mode, Evaluation)

1 Like

That looks like a good find !

Out of curiosity, is there a quick check for this package? I could not see it in my OH 2.4 bundle:list (that does plots charts from rrd4j just fine)

Humm, poking for that info came across this

1 Like

Good catch!
Now the Questions are:
Are all users, that observe(d) this issue, on a openhabian Installation?
From when was this installaton? Maybe initially from befrore Feb’17?

I used the latest release 1.4.1 from

which is from April 2018.

solution :
sudo /etc/init.d/ntp stop
sudo ntpd -q -g
sudo /etc/init.d/ntp start

I created an issue for openhabian: https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/issues/597.