[SOLVED] Problems executing the Network Binding Example

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: _Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0_77 / SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_77-b03)
    • openHAB version:2.4.0-1
  • Issue of the topic: After I finally completed the installation (installation failed several times, finally preferring IPv4 over IPv6 made it work) I now wanted to run through some basic tutorials and I’m failing very early. Im trying to install the Network Binding and it runs forever without coming back. /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log shows that the binding is installed successfully. So I refreshed the browser by hitting F5 and it shows installed. Fine? Nope. If went to the Inbox, hit “+”, picked the “Network Binding” entry and it runs again forever without showing any results.
    Any hints?

If I manually add a pingable device it works. Just the discovery fails.

Known bug. Fixed in latest Snapshots

Just watch out, snapshots were recently still broken; you can try of course, but be prepared to need to downgrade.

I would recommend updating only the binding.

is there tutorial on how to upgrade just one binding to snapshots or just drop ( when you have found what u need ) it in the necessary folder ?

Exactly. Uninstall from PaperUI or addons.cfg and drop the new .jar in the addons-folder.

1 Like

Okay slightly better. I’ve uninstalled the binding through the PaperUI, double checked it in the console (hat to remove it there, too). Copied a newer version from https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-Distribution/ (extracted thar kar file), droped it vi the explorer (samba) to “\openhab2-addons” and double checked it in the console again. (202 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201902212020 │ Network Binding)

Back to the PaperUI / Inbox. Pressing “+” again and picking the Network bind and the search started. But… didn’t return. After a while I went back to the inbox and suddenly I had some devices in the list.

Is this behavior expected?

At least that is how most bindings witj discovery behave for me. So I think: yes, that‘s expected.

1 Like

That’s the document I’ve used

Sry. Link was missing: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I mistakenly upgraded to the latest and “greatest” yesterday. When I rebooted, OH wouldn’t even start. Luckily I had backed it up to my NAS box before so I just reloaded from scratch and dropped my saved files back in OH directory and a few tweaks later I’m back and running.