[Solved] Remote ZXT-120 zwave no channels

Thanks Chris, i grabbed the latest offline snapshot to see if this fixed the problem but I think I jumped a bit quick as I am guessing the change will only go in overnight?

Well, it should have been in the build from last night, so I was a bit surprised to see your message ;).

I think I might have found the cause - in the database, most of the time I don’t delete devices - they instead get tagged as deleted and then not displayed. However I think that the exporter is still exporting them even when they are marked as deleted, so this device keeps popping up again…

I’ve just manually deleted it and kicked off a new build which should take about 30 minutes - hopefully that will fix the problem. If not, please let me know.

OK sorry for the noob questions - if I wait an hour or so and download the latest snapshot I should see the fix?

Yes - although it might depend on where you download from…

I think if you go here to download the JAR, it should be ok…

If you go here you can see if the build is still running or not (bottom left corner).

Thanks Chris your support is incredible

pretty sure the jar had finished but unfortunately same result

it initially comes up as unknown not sure if this helps?

I noticed the build failed, although it looks like the zwave jar did build ok before something died so I would have thought it would be ok. The ZXT-120AU is no longer in the binding thing list so I suspect that you’ve still got an old binding somehow.

Looking deeper at the link I gave you - the ‘latest successful build’ is linking to the build from yesterday. Try this one which links to the failed build.

Im copying the jar to:
/opt/openhab2/runtime/system/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Hope this step is correct.

If I look in habmin I see the supported things:

My guess is it might still be running the (old) version from your offline package. Did you uninstall the binding in HABmin first, then add the new JAR into the addons, and also the serial transport bundle?

Alternatively, log on to the console and you can check what version is running. You can also uninstall just the zwave bundle from there, leaving all dependancies loaded, and then (hopefully!!) drop in the new binding to the addons folder.

no i just replaced the file in the above location and restarted

will try what you said above

If you’re used to the ‘relative simplicity’ of OH1 in this respect, it’s a bit more involved to update bindings manually in OH2. Karaf does a lot for you, but when you want to ‘get manual’ it’s a bit more difficult as you can end up fighting with Karaf to get the right version running.

ill say the darn binding wont uninstal now through paperui nor habmin!

Good news! after many restarts and command line uninstalling bundles only to have the binding reappear again it has finally done the right thing and got the new package, a quick discover and I now have a non AU named device with channels!!!

Thanks for your help Chris you are truly awesome