[Solved] RRD4J does not display Data over the time

At least you get a chart and a Warning is not an error!
When do you get this warning, in case of showing the group? Does the group consist of more items?
Are you getting any error when trying to chart the item?

I have a secound temperature Sensor (temp_21). When i use a secound chart everything is fine

temp_20 and temp_21 are members of the group Item Temperatur_chart.
After changing to Temperatur_chart nothing works and i have the warning message:

2019-05-15 19:53:06.346 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'test.sitemap'
2019-05-15 19:53:06.723 [WARN ] [thome.ui.internal.chart.ChartServlet] - Illegal argument in chart: Series name >Temperatur< has already been used. Use unique names for each series!!!
2019-05-15 19:53:10.605 [WARN ] [thome.ui.internal.chart.ChartServlet] - Illegal argument in chart: Series name >Temperatur< has already been used. Use unique names for each series!!!

That is an easy one to solve:
Reading the Chart documentation would reveal:

• When charting a group of item, make sure that every label is unique. If the label contains spaces, the first word of the label must be unique. Identical labels result in an empty chart.

Thank you very much, sir.
But unfortunately I can’t do anything with the statement for now. Where does that apply? Are these the labels in the items file or is this related to the sitemap?

what should the command for the chart in the sitemap look like? So?

Frame label="Verlauf" {
        Chart item=Temp_chart label="Sensor_20 [ %.1f]"  label="Sensor_21 [ %.1f]" icon="temperature" period=h refresh=10000 legend=true
        }

The label for the items that belong to the group have to be disjunctive.

okay. Now it works fine. Thank you very much, it was a hard way and i learned a lot.:blush:

:slight_smile: I wish you a good evening :slight_smile:

1 Like