Hi, i was using an orangepi with openhab2 with my Samsung TV UE46F5500AY without any problems, the things that should be supported were working without any problem.
I noticed that when i enabled the binding on the tv a pop-up appeared asking if i wanted to give access to the tv for a device called “Openhab”. When i cliked ok i could turn off the tv and mute the volume, but i couldn’t control the volume ad see the source and channel number. But if i keep pressing the volume up/down buttons after some time another pop-up appeared asking for giving control to a device called “Device0” (i think). And when i cliked ok i could control the volume e see the channel number.
Now i moved openhab to a proper server, the first pop-up appered immediatly, but i can’t get to show the second pop-up, so i can’t control the tv volume and see channel number.
I tryred rebooting the tv and the server several times, without any success, the second pop-up don’t show up.
This is the log:
11:43:38.146 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'samsungtv:tv:sala' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not send command to device on 192.168.2.122:55000 to ONLINE
11:43:38.148 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sala_TV_Stato changed from OFF to ON
try to remove all entries from there and restart the TV and it should pop up the message to allow openHAB to control it (when you try to send a Command from OH2 to the TV like change the volume)
This happened to me also once and I reset it like this
If this doesn’t work: remove the TV Thing from OH2 and rescan/readd it
Yeah i think there is something strange going on with the astro binding, but i have it installed also in the orangepi and there the samsung tv binding is working correctly. I also tried to diable it but still no luck.
There is some kind of configuration mistake in your new server.
Even if you uninstall the astro binding you will still have problems if you don’t fix it. Double check thing and item names.
Clear cache and check jsondb also
Java is using it! Infact now the samsung tv binding is working!!
I think that it is not clear in the instructions, if you use this binding make sure to not have any media server installed in your machine that use that port!
Thanks for your help!
If you want to solve the problem you need to disable DLNA (or uninstall your media server), in Emby you can do that by going to:
Settings / DLNA and disable “Enable DLNA server”. Maybe also “Enable DLNA on” and in Advanced “Enable automatic port mapping”.
Of course, now you can’t use anymore DLNA, but for me the only place where i needed DLNA was in my Samsung TV, that for some reason could not find the DLNA Server of Emby.