[SOLVED] Scene buttons press+1 Newbie ask

Hey all

I try to create a rule that goes to next scene each time the button is pressed. But do not understand what is wrong. The fisrt rule Light_Scene_Bathroom works fine its going up and down. But the rule “Scene_Badkamer” is not working it does nothing.

• Items configuration
//Scene
Number Light_Scene_Bathkamer//voor de woonkamer Scene
  • Rules code related to the issue

rule "Badkamer kleur +1"
when
    Item GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL received update ON
then
    Light_Scene_Bathkamer.sendCommand((Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state as Number) + 1)
end

rule "Badkamer kleur -1"
when
    Item GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL received update OFF
then
    Light_Scene_Bathkamer.sendCommand((Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state as Number) - 1)
end
rule "Scene_Badkamer"
when
	Item  Light_Scene_Bathkamer received command
then
	switch rreceivedCommand{
		case 0:{
         GF_Bathroom_Light_spiegelled_Dimmer.sendCommand(0) 
		}
		case 1:{
         GF_Bathroom_Light_spiegelled_Dimmer.sendCommand(10) 
		}
      case 2:{
         GF_Bathroom_Light_spiegelled_Dimmer.sendCommand(50) 
		}
	}
end

If you don’t use VSCode to edit these files, you must look at openhab.log when ever you save any file that you change.

I see at least one error in the Rule that isn’t working that is almost certainly reported in the log files.

switch receivedCommand {
2 Likes

that’s stupid i use VSCode … I looked at the log did not see anything … Sorry stuput. How can i make the rule that if Light_Scene_Bathroom goes higher than 2 it goes back to 0

Edit
Was easier than I thought. Is this is a good way?

rule "Badkamer kleur +1"
when
    Item GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL received update 
then
    if (GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL.state == ON && Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state == 3) {
    Light_Scene_Bathkamer.sendCommand(0)
    }
    if (GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL.state == ON  && Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state < 3) {
    Light_Scene_Bathkamer.sendCommand((Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state as Number) + 1)
    }
    if (GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL.state == OFF && Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state == 0) {
    Light_Scene_Bathkamer.sendCommand(3)
    }
    if (GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL.state == OFF && Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state > 0) {
    Light_Scene_Bathkamer.sendCommand((Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state as Number) - 1)
    }
end

1 Like

If it works it’s probably a good way. There are some ways to simplify.

rule "Badkamer kleur +1"
when
    Item GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL received update 
then
    val direction = if(GF_Bathroom_Schakelaar_BovenL.state == ON) 1 else -1 // if ON increase, if OFF decrease

// % is the mod operator, returns the remainder after dividing
    val next = (Light_Scene_Bathkamer.state + direction) % 3 

Light_Scene_Bathkamer.sendCommand(next)
end