[SOLVED] Serial Binding and Serial Port RS-232 Configuration Error on Mac

Hi Everybody!

I have a Marantz Surround Receiver SR 5004 which has a serial RS-232 Port and I am trying to communicate with it over OpenHAB 2.4. So I installed serial binding and added to my Addons.cfg bindings list ( I can see it installed but can’t see it in my installed Bindings list in Paper UI. )
I am using a PL-2303 USB to Serial Adapter. I couldn’t find its driver for MacOS Mojave so I used FTDI USB SerialDriver v2.4.2.
I am pretty sure this driver is working , since I tested sending several commands manually over Coolterm, and succeded to control Receiver and get feedback Codes.

However, I have nothing over openHAB.

This is how I configured Serial Port to test the communication and created a switch :

Switch Amp_Pow_ON “Amplifier Power " { serial=”/dev/tty.usbserial-1420@9600, ON(@PWR:2\n),OFF(@PWR:1\n)" }
String Amp_Info “Amplifier Info " { serial=”/dev/tty.usbserial-1420@9600" }

since name of my Serial Port is /dev/tty.usbserial-1420
I checked the event logs while controlling the switch Over Basic UI, I see nothing more than my Switch is changing its STATE from ON to OFF or vice versa.

Is there any other way to make sure that OpenHAB recognizes my serial port configured ?
Can there be a problem with the FDTI driver I used (incompatibility with OPENHAB, eg.)?

Thanks,
Erdal

In the documentation there is something about serial port configuration on mac. Maybe this can help:

https://www.openhab.org/docs/administration/serial.html#macos

Before that , at my first installation steps for OpenHab, I missed this one :

''Please use the 32-bit version of the JVM for ARM platforms, even on 64-bit operating systems. Serial connections won’t work with a 64-bit JVM, preventing bindings like Z-Wave from functioning."

May it be the main reason ? I will try to switch back to 32-bit JVM and provide feedback.

Yes ! Maybe a coincidence but It is working successfully with a 32 bit version of Zulu

Thanks.

Erdal