[SOLVED] Setpoint Locked Up on me After Upgrade to 2.4.0-1 (Release Build)

I had several setpoints working just dandy but went through a clean build upgrade to 2.4.0-1 (Release Build). I loaded back in all my items etc. and have almost every all tidy again and running much better. However, I am having issues with my setpoints. The sitemap page displays just fine but I cannot set any number. ie, you touch the screen (android) and you get nothing. no errors in the log either. so here is what i have, i’ll just use one example…

Items

Switch Shutter1  "Shutter 1" <switch> (persist,gAllShutters)  [ "Switchable"]
    { mqtt=">[broker:cmnd/sonoff-A86541/POWER:command:*:default],
            <[broker:stat/sonoff-A86541/POWER:state:default]" }

Number Shutter1_Thermostat_SP_F "Set Point [%.1f]" { mqtt=">[broker:cmnd/sonoff-A86541/POWER:command:*:default]" }

Sitemap

sitemap settings label="Settings"

{

Frame label="Settings"
 {
    Setpoint item=Shutter1_Thermostat_SP_F label="Shutter One Temp [%.0f °F]" icon="heating" step=1
	Setpoint item=Shutter2_Thermostat_SP_F label="Shutter Two Temp [%.0f °F]" icon="heating" step=1
	Setpoint item=SingleSpeedFan_Thermostat_SP_F label="Single Fan Temp [%.0f °F]" icon="heating" step=1
	Setpoint item=LowFan_Thermostat_SP_F label="Low Fan Temp [%.0f °F]" icon="heating" step=1
	Setpoint item=PropaneRemaining minValue=0 maxValue=300 step=5
	Setpoint item=Thermostat_SP_F label="Heat Desired Temp [%.0f °F]" icon="heating" step=1
//	Setpoint item=Table_Heater_Thermostat_SP_F label="Grow Table Temp [%.0f °F]" icon="heating" step=1
    Setpoint item=Gravity_Tank_PH label="Gravity Tank PH [%.2f] "minValue=3.0 maxValue=6 step=0.01

//Setpoint item=Solar_Soll1 minValue=1 maxValue=10 step=1
	}

}

Thoughts on this would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Do these Items have a state? I have a vague recollection that if the Item doesn’t have a usable state state (i.e. is NULL or UNDEF) the Setpoint can’t do anything with it.

Hey Rich was wondering about that. I have not set an initial state and was not really sure how to do that. One does show up as null.

To prevent problems in the future you can use persistence with restoreOnStartup.

To boot strap the values you can create a temporary System started Rule or use the REST API Docs to issue an update to the Item.

We’ll that took me down quite a journey…but…I have most of it working now. I used the startup script and at least my fans and shutters have values in there. Still have issues with my propane remaining and gravity tank ph but i’ll keep working on it!

thanks so much Rich!