[SOLVED] Since 2.5.1 stable upgrade Z Wave Controller constantly restarting

I’m stuck in an endless loop where my Aeotec Z wave controller keeps restarting. All other devices that aren’t z-wave are working fine. The z-wave devices will work for a few minutes and then they stop working as it reboots. Is the 5000ms timeout the culprit? I searched to see if there is anything similar and followed the instructions for stopping openhab and clearing cache and have done several reboots. Please, any other ideas?

2020-01-13 19:49:38.888 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller

2020-01-13 19:49:38.890 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.

2020-01-13 19:49:43.166 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - NODE 26: Restore from config: Error. Data invalid, ignoring config.

2020-01-13 19:49:43.181 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - NODE 7: Restore from config: Error. Data invalid, ignoring config.

2020-01-13 19:49:43.222 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - NODE 19: Restore from config: Error. Data invalid, ignoring config.

2020-01-13 19:49:43.232 [WARN ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - NODE 38: Restore from config: Error. Data invalid, ignoring config.

If you upgraded from 2.4 and had restdocs installed that is your problem. That addon got moved and the addon loader is restarting addons every minute trying to load an invalid addon. Remove restdocs from the addons.config file in userdata. You can then install restdocs, It moved from misc to ui.

What error are you getting? Per @Bruce_Osborne, it could be restdocs if you just upgraded to 2.5. For me, it was the legacy 1.x networkupstools binding trying (and failing) to install itself repeatedly.

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-networkupstools1’
1 Like

Yahooweather also got removed since the service shut down.

1 Like

Bruce!!! That did it! Thank you so much, always nice when it’s an easy fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is documented in the release notes and should have been in the Warnings displayed during a package installation.