[SOLVED] Sitemap not loading

Hello I have a newbie problem with sitemap not loading in the BasicUI… Its a fresh intall of OH 2.4 under Synology diskstation. Was going through tutorial and after creating my sitemap got stuck…

in the PaperUI I have defined the default sitemap as:

santariskes

Sitemap is in the openhab\conf\sitemaps\santariskes.sitemap

Content of the file:

sitemap santariskes label=“My home automation” {
Frame label=“Light” {
Dimmer item=Milight_Lamp label=“Lamp”
}
}

I get:

[WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'santariskes.sitemap' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [3,8]: required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input 'Dimmer' [5,1]: extraneous input '}' expecting EOF

if I comment out the only dimmer item I get:

[WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘santariskes.sitemap’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [4,5]: required (…)+ loop did not match anything at input ‘}’ [5,1]: extraneous input ‘}’ expecting EOF

What am I missing???

needs to be Slider

This may be a copy/paste error between your file and your post, but -

Frame label=“Light”   // wrong quote marks

Frame label="Light"   // correct quote marks

Thanks for your support!

rossko57
Quote marks in the editor seems to be ok maybe it’s copy paste thing as you mentioned.

sihui:
You are right! first I wrote “slider” that didn’t work and gave similar error, but with “Slider” it now works. Thank you!
I took the Dimmer Item name from:

in this list I don’t see a Slider option… are there some “hiden” items? Where can I find correct item list?

Those are item types for your items files. For sitemaps you need element types:

https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/sitemaps.html#element-types

Items are objects internal to openHAB, simple models of some external device or function usually. e.g. a Dimmer type.

The elements in a sitemap are just widgets you use to display or control Items. For example if you had a Dimmer type Item you might choose a switch widget to allow on/off control only, or you might choose a text widget for display only.

Slider item=myItem
Switch item=myItem
Text item=myItem
1 Like