[SOLVED] Sonoff POW openhab2 integration

IMHO the actual (automatic) update-flashing is working via the minimal version. You just need the wait some seconds and the magic happens.

1 Like

Hmm what is the minimal version?? I thought Tasmota wasā€¦ hmm Tasmota?

I ordered this one:

And some wires.

1 Like

I guess Udo was talking about the Sonoff device and its compatibility with Tasmota

I dont quite get itā€¦
The Sonoff device is the POW R2. But I have no idea what the ā€œminimal versionā€ is.

As said by Udo, Tasmota got bigger and bigger. Now you canā€™t directly update, because during the is process of the update via Wifi the device would need to have both version stored (actual version running and the new one for the update). To overcome a minimal version was created, running the automated update will first download the minimal version and as a second step the desired ā€œfullā€ version.

2 Likes

Ahh, okay I see nowā€¦ thanks for clarify this one. Hopefully the FT232Rl will arrive today or tomorrow. Then IĀ“ll go into battle :smiley:

Usefull thread for flashing.

If browsing to https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/releases/tag/v6.6.0, you will find a list of binaries for flashing (Assets, at the end of the page). In this list you will find the sonoff-minimal.bin and some other ā€œcommonly used versionsā€.

I just installed the TasmoAdmin in a docker container. It shows a nice interface after searching the network and updating all devies is easy as well as setting some parameters.

Regarding mqtt ist is always agood idea to have a mqtt client like mqttspy to check if it is possible to connect to the mqtt brocker and to check if manual comands are reaching their target

1 Like

Wow, that seems to be a nice option! Wasnā€™t aware of that softwareā€¦

Found it while implementing the SonoffPow for my solar panels :slight_smile:

Did you install the JSONPath Transformation?

yes, it is installed
Sonoff%20POW%205

This might sound stupid, but where TF do I install the JSONPath Transformation? Ican not find it under add-ons in PaperUI!?!

Did it come to your mind to look under Addons-transformation?

I guess, had there been a section ā€œAddons-transformationā€ it would have come to my mind to look under it - but this is what my ā€œAdd-onsā€-Screen looks like:

Any idea why there is no ā€œtransformationā€-section?

Do you by chance have simple mode turns on?

Yes, simple mode was turned on - but with it turned off, I still do only see ā€œBINDINGSā€, ā€œMISCā€ and ā€œVOICEā€ in the add-ons-section

What package did you choose when you first set up openHAB? This is the big icon you selected the very first time you opened the dashboard and you had choices like ā€œDemoā€, ā€œMinimalā€, ā€œBasicā€ it the like.

I bet you code one if the ā€œsimplerā€ packages in which case all the transformations were installed automatically for you.

You can bet that I chose one of the simpler packages. To be honest, I do not remember which on I actually chose. And I do not know how to find out if either the JSON-transformation is installed or which package I actually chose in the dashboard.

I came to the comclusion, it might not be installed because I have the same ā€œNaNā€-problem like the threadstarter and I did not see the installed package anywhereā€¦

It seems that sometimes it takes a bit more to get that to ā€œstickā€ - not directly related, but probably worth following this process -

It has been as while, due to a vacation in Creeth, but I managed to get my Sonoff devices flashed with Tasmotaā€¦
Now IĀ“m bit stuck on whats next to doā€¦
I suspect I need a MQTT broker. But which one to use (I think I reacall mosquito is build-in openhabian, right?).
Then I need a binding in openhabā€¦ but which one to useā€¦ When I enter the addons, I see several mqtt binding.

My Sonoff devices is one RF Bridge and one Pow R2. Both are flashed and running Tasmota fine.