[SOLVED] Sonoff restarting over and over

I have a few sonoff devices with tasmota firmware running. They have recently started rebooting over and over. I’m fairly sure its due to MQTT persistence (I think), but I can’t for the life of me work out how to fix.

They obviously have MQTT connection back to the broker and through to Openhab, turning MQTT off (just changed the port to something obscure) stops them from rebooting. I’ve changed mqtt.cfg to force “mqttbroker.retain=false” then rebooted, but the sonoff’s continuously reboot (as do some custom ESP devices that I have, that can receive a request to reboot). This drops wifi to the Sonoff for a couple pings, and interrupts power to (in my case) the pool pump that’s running off it. Subscribing to the topic it constantly repeats the below over and over.

What am I doing wrong here? This is what I get when subscribing to the sonoff topic…

openhab/sonoff/pool/cmnd/POWER (null)
openhab/sonoff/pool/RESULT {"Restart":"Restarting"}
openhab/sonoff/pool/INFO1 {"Module":"Sonoff Pow", "Version":"5.5.1", "FallbackTopic":"DVES_B44CA8", "GroupTopic":"sonoffs"}
openhab/sonoff/pool/INFO2 {"WebserverMode":"Admin", "Hostname":"Pool", "IPaddress":"172.16.223.104"}
openhab/sonoff/pool/INFO3 {"Started":"Software/System restart"}
openhab/sonoff/pool/RESULT {"POWER":"ON"}
openhab/sonoff/pool/POWER ON
openhab/sonoff/pool/LWT Online
openhab/sonoff/pool/INFO1 {"Module":"Sonoff Pow", "Version":"5.5.1", "FallbackTopic":"DVES_B44CA8", "GroupTopic":"sonoffs"}
openhab/sonoff/pool/INFO2 {"WebserverMode":"Admin", "Hostname":"Pool", "IPaddress":"172.16.223.104"}
openhab/sonoff/pool/LWT Offline
openhab/sonoff/pool/LWT Offline

%!@#$ I had persistence enabled in the /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf file…

Ignore this…!

1 Like

Thanks! Had the same issue.