[SOLVED] Squeezebox Binding Openhab 2.5 Problems

Ok I think we have eliminated the error… but there’s still the question why the manual files don’t work…

2019-01-17 23:09:33.136 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomVolume changed from NULL to 96
2019-01-17 23:09:33.137 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomRepeat changed from NULL to 0
2019-01-17 23:09:33.138 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomShuffle changed from NULL to 0
2019-01-17 23:09:33.139 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomPlaylistIndex changed from NULL to 0
2019-01-17 23:09:33.140 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomTitle changed from NULL to NIGHT TIME
2019-01-17 23:09:33.160 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomCover changed from NULL to UNDEF
2019-01-17 23:09:33.161 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomArtist changed from NULL to SUPERORGANISM
2019-01-17 23:09:33.163 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomAlbum changed from NULL to SUPERORGANISM
2019-01-17 23:09:33.165 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomGenre changed from NULL to INDIE POP
2019-01-17 23:09:33.167 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeBedroomYear changed from NULL to 2018

the silly thing is I don’t had to change my items…

One step at a time… :wink:

Please also PM me the items. I’m going to try to reproduce the problem, but I may not be able to do that until tomorrow. In the meantime, at least you’re operational. :smile:

1 Like

Ok thanks so much… I’ll pm you the items file and we will see tomorrow :wink:

I’ve not been able to reproduce the problem. The thing and item definitions look fine. So, I took those, changed the MAC addresses to the MACs of my players, and everything worked fine.

I’m not sure what to suggest next. Maybe

• delete the things you added through Paper UI
  • restart openHAB
  • restore the .things file with your manually defined server and player things

Hm sad… but no problem… I try this out on weekend… thanks for taking the time for that, we will see what happens when I switch back to my files… :wink:

CoverArt is not working, maybe user rights on the squeezeserver image folder?? I tried with openhab android app and through web interface - web interface says “No image is currently present” even if one is displayed on squeezeserver webinterface while playing.

And another question is how is player syncing & unsyncing used? I tried them as Switch or Selection with no luck…

That’s odd. Are you playing local music, or remote streaming (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, etc). If remote, the coverart comes from the Internet, so your openHAB box must have access to the Internet.

Another thing you can check… In debug mode, whenever a track changes, you will see the URL that the binding is using to retrieve the coverart.

I’ve never done it (at least not in a really long time). But maybe this will help…

you have to create an item like this

String Lms_sync   {channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:myServer:myplayer1:sync"}

and make a rule with this command (for sync)

Lms_sync.sendCommand("Another player mac address")

or this command for unsync

Lms_sync.sendCommand("")

Thanks guys!

@mhilbush I only play local music from my NAS… openhab and the LMS are both together on another machine and they have access to the internet…

Paper%20UI

clicking on refresh leads to new debug entries…

debug looks like this:

2019-01-18 00:09:03.612 [DEBUG] [rnal.handler.SqueezeBoxPlayerHandler] - Trying to download the content of URL http://192.168.xxx.xxx:9000/music/current/cover.jpg?player=fexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbe
2019-01-18 00:09:03.621 [DEBUG] [rnal.handler.SqueezeBoxPlayerHandler] - Failed to download the content of URL http://192.168.xxx.xxx:9000/music/current/cover.jpg?player=fexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbe

@phil2fer thanks for the information :wink: …just a thought, could it be one should better use the unsync channel with given players to unsync instead of your method to use sync for unsyncing?

I’ll try this on my own and report back finally when everything is running as expected. :smiley:

I had the same issue after installing the SqueezeBox Binding 2.4 a couple of days ago. Everything showed up in Control but nothing functioned and no status were displayed. I resolved the issue by uninstallling/reinstalling the SqueezeBox binding, but making sure all of my players were powered on and playing music before beginning the install. Everything has been working great since the reinstall.

One unusual thing that i have noticed is that the Things for the two genuine Logitech receivers have valid uid’s but the uid’s are blank on the two squeezelites running on Raspberry Pi’s.

1 Like
2019-01-18 00:09:03.612 [DEBUG] [rnal.handler.SqueezeBoxPlayerHandler] - Trying to download the content of URL http://192.168.xxx.xxx:9000/music/current/cover.jpg?player=fexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbe
2019-01-18 00:09:03.621 [DEBUG] [rnal.handler.SqueezeBoxPlayerHandler] - Failed to download the content of URL http://192.168.xxx.xxx:9000/music/current/cover.jpg?player=fexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbe

It’s really odd that this would fail. Can you put the above URL in a web browser while music is playing? Can you see the cover art?

What type of box is openHAB and LMS on? Could there be a firewall rule that’s causing the failure? Since they are on the same box, could you try putting the loopback address (127.0.0.1) in the squeezebox binding config instead of the 192.168.x.x address?

it’s exactly the same look at this code

case CHANNEL_SYNC:
            if (StringUtils.isBlank(command.toString())) {
                squeezeBoxServerHandler.unSyncPlayer(mac);
            } else {
                squeezeBoxServerHandler.syncPlayer(mac, command.toString());
            }
            break;
        case CHANNEL_UNSYNC:
            if (command.equals(OnOffType.ON)) {
                squeezeBoxServerHandler.unSyncPlayer(mac);
            }
        break;
1 Like

Both will work equally well.

So finally I tested removing the binding 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT removing the things automatically added by PaperUI. Stopped openhab, then added my textual configuration files and started openhab again… Same Problem as before: All players are online in PaperUI but no control available or current activity displayed, nothing… :frowning:

Now I commented out my squeezeboxes again and now no players found in inbox… I will try to disable the server thing also… see if this makes any difference…

Blockquote
What type of box is openHAB and LMS on? Could there be a firewall rule that’s causing the failure? Since they are on the same box, could you try putting the loopback address (127.0.0.1) in the squeezebox binding config instead of the 192.168.x.x address?

its an Intel NUC with debian stretch (headless) no firewall, no proxy… i will try the loopback address… - when I got my things running again i also try to open the image link in a browser - see if there’s a problem with display too…

thanks for the information :wink:

I’m at a loss to explain this. Sorry.

Is this what you did last time (i.e. just delete the players from your .things file)? That would explain then why the items didn’t need to change.

Paper%20UI
This happens if I try with loopback address.

now removed the server and restarted openhab2 …server is online players found. I changed my items file after that because expectedly all channel links were broken. restarted openhab2 service again…

Items are bound correctly

Paper%20UI(1)

Server IP is 127.0.0.1 images still not displayed…

What happens if you take the cover art URL from the debug log and put it in a web browser? Can you see the cover art that way?

tested that now… if I try to open the url I get asked for my squeezebox-server user/password to access the link. …I think the problem is that the binding is not correctly logged in while trying to access the file???

Edit: maybe it helps to give user/pass with the url

Ok. I’ll take a look at this.

This is a bug. The binding uses a separate connection to get the cover art. When getting local cover art with authentication is enabled, the URL doesn’t include the userId and password. That also explains why remote cover art (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, etc.) works fine. I can come up with a fix for this.

1 Like

Sounds good! Would be interested in that :wink:

I’ll test if another try of complete removing of binding and things, then adding the textual configuration again makes a difference, because I want to know why it happens that things appear online without functioning…

Thanks again for your engagement!!