[SOLVED] SSHD not working on 2.5.0~S1710-1

I get the following exception on 2.5.0~S1710-1:

2019-10-05 09:08:31.703 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh.Activator] - Exception caught while starting SSH server
java.net.UnknownHostException: = 0.0.0.0: Name or service not known
    at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.InetAddress$2.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:928) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1323) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1276) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1192) ~[?:?]
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1126) ~[?:?]
    at org.apache.sshd.server.SshServer.start(SshServer.java:318) ~[67:org.apache.sshd.core:1.7.0]
    at org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh.Activator.createAndRunSshServer(Activator.java:120) [63:org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh:4.2.6]
    at org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh.Activator.doStart(Activator.java:109) [63:org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh:4.2.6]
    at org.apache.karaf.util.tracker.BaseActivator.run(BaseActivator.java:292) [63:org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh:4.2.6]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Had to revert to 2.5.0~S1709-1 to make ssh work again. Is this a known issue?

I also had to revert for an issue with resolving happanel.

@chriscolden
Is your issue completely different from the one weakfl is reporting in this thread right? Sorry I missed this. Is there any way you can post in the 2.5M3 testing thread in the development category and provide any details on your issue with habpanel?

I think they are both related to the 2.5.0~S1710-1 snapshot. I downgraded to 2.5.0~S1709-1 almost immediately as it was newer than the build i was on. I just assumed it was a bad build so didn’t do any digging. I did go through a clean cache ect, but that didn’t help. I wasn’t able to ssh into the console while i had this either.

I can see if its still in my logs, but the root cause was a failure to resolve the happanel ui package.

1 Like

Still on 2.5.0~S1712-1

@ariela I’ve raised an issue on GitHub, feel free to chime in and provide details of your setup.

Resolved by upgrading to 2.5.0~S1719-1.

1 Like