[SOLVED] Support for new device

aeotec
zwave
binding
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe04fbd1988> #<Tag:0x00007fe04fbd17f8> #<Tag:0x00007fe04fbd1668>

(Lorenzo Thurman) #1

I was not able to find this device in the database:
model number ZWA003

Aeotec Nanomote Quad

So I take it that its not currently supported by the 2.4 version of the zwave binding. Is there a development version of the binding that supports it? If so, how does one switch to it?

Thanks

(Mark) #2

Correct.

The device needs to be added to the database, after which it will be included in a 2.5 snapshot release of the zwave binding. Once the binding is updated, to pick up the new device, you’ll need to update your zwave binding to the latest 2.5 snapshot.

You can add the device to the database. If you have the device, uploading the node.xml file from the userdata/zwave directory will speed up the process as it pre-populates the database with information queried from the device. This is all described in the linked document here.
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

Edit: Please post back here if you run into any questions/issues along the way.

(Lorenzo Thurman) #3

Great, thank you. I will do this sometime this week.

“My Break-Dancing days are over, but there’s always the Funky Chicken” – The Full Monty

(B K) #4

See also here:

Until the snapshots work again, the new Zwave binding (along with its updated database, won’t be available…

(Lorenzo Thurman) #5

How does one generate the xml file? I thought including the device would create one, but that did not happen and the linked doc does not explain it.
Thanks

(Mark) #6

The binding generates the xml file automatically after it has completed initialization for the device. For mains-powered devices, this usually happens in a matter of several seconds. For battery-powered devices, this can take a while as the device needs to wake up multiple times. You can speed this up by manually waking up the device multiple times.

So in the case of the Nanomote, try waking it up repeatedly until the xml file is created. If the Nanomote is anything like the Minimote and the Wallmote, those devices don’t wake up on their own, so it may require manual wake ups.

(Lorenzo Thurman) #7

I uploaded the XML, but got a number of errors. The endpoints appear to be defined correctly, but some metadata appears not tb defined.

This device has received the following updates since the last review.  **Note:**  Review can not be performed until all above errors are removed!

2019-02-10 17:42:05 Uploaded XML