SOLVED Systeminfo binding DataSent / DataReceived not working values still 0


I’m still playing and I am learning step by step. But now I running into a problem which I cannot solve by myself.
Some Channels are working well, e.g.
{channel=“systeminfo:computer:NUC:cpu#uptime”} etc.

But I’m not able to get the NetworkDataSent and the NetworkDataReceived to work.

Basically I used the example from the documentation without Underscores.


Number  NetworkDataSent  "Data sent" {channel="systeminfo:computer:NUC:network#dataSent"}   

Number NetworkDataReceived  "Data received"{channel="systeminfo:computer:NUC:network#dataReceived"}                                       


            Frame label="Systeminfo" {
    Default item=NetworkNetworkDisplayName
    Default item=NetworkIp
    Default item=StorageUsedPercent label="Storage % Used"
    Default item=CpuUptime icon="time"        
    Frame label="Memory Information" {
    Default item=MemoryTotal
    Default item=MemoryAvailablePercent
    Default item=DisplayInformation label="Display information"
    Default item=NetworkDataReceived label="Data received" icon="returnpipe"
    Default item=NetworkDataSent label="Data sent" icon="flowpipe"

And the last two are not working. The rest is doing a great job.

I hope someone is able to point me out in de right direction

First of all, what OS are you running openHab on?

Tried it on my system and it works. Only in stead of Default I used Text

@pacive, sorry, I forgot to mention this. Im running on Ubuntu server 20.14
@Suy, I tried this before and unfortunately no luck :frowning:
Any ideas left?

Have you checked the logs for errors when you save the items and sitemap files?

go to PaperUI and click on Control (upper left) and look for your thing/items. Does it show values?
also what pacive says, keep an eye on the log while you save something…

@pacive, I did, but no sign of an error. I used the tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log command.

@Suy, I did and in Control I don’t see an values for these two items :frowning: For the rest I have data.

I appreciate your help and I hope you guys have some ideas left.

Try creating Items for other channels in the Network category, especially network#ip and network#networkName to see if they match with the network interface you are using.

Thanks again,

I already did this and it all worked. Incl network name and IpAdress, Other items like storage and uptime etc all are working. Only thing what is not working is the send and receive data and packages part :frowning:

Hope you still have ideas left

What value do you get from the networkName channel? Is it the interface you use to connect to your network?

According the docs: The groups marked with “(deviceIndex)” may have device index attached to the Channel Group.

* channel ::= channel_group & (deviceIndex) & # channel_id
* deviceIndex ::= number > 0
* (e.g.  *storage1#available* )

The network group is marked that way. Do you have more then one network card on your system?

@pacive the network name I received is virbr0. If I check adapter name I receive the same value… virbr0

@opus, I don’t have an additional network card.
Underneath a screenshot from my sitemap. As you can see Package send / received and Data sent / received is not working. Other items are doing great

Kr EsorOne

How is your server connected to the network? Are you running on a VM? If you ssh in to it and run ip link what network interfaces are listed?

@pacive, thanks again, Thanks to this input I solved the issue.
Im not running a VM, it is just a vanilla Ubuntu Server setup.

Underneath the output of IP LINK

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00

2: enp0s25: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether b8:ae:ed:73:37:2a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

3: virbr0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 52:54:00:19:2c:a9 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

4: virbr0-nic: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel master virbr0 state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 52:54:00:19:2c:a9 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

The output for virbr0 of ifconfig -a is:

virbr0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
    inet  netmask  broadcast
    ether 52:54:00:19:2c:a9  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
    RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
    RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
    TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
    TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

So what I see it that there is an ip adres: And this was not in my range. And I could not ping it either

After this I just deleted the virbr0 and stop the virtual service in Unbuntu, and remove the openhab cache.
and restarted openhab en voila, It works.

Thanks for you patience and help.

Kr EsorOne

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.