[Solved] Tags for Google Home

Hello,

I am a newbie using Openhab 2.4.0 on Windows 10.

Thus far I have managed to define successfully some items, some rules and a sitemap. Also I have managed to get the Android app on my phone connect to my Openhab server both directly, on my LAN, and through the cloud connectot at myopenhab.org.

The next thing I wanted to do was linking with Google Home. According to rel=evant the doc page:
https://www.openhab.org/docs/ecosystem/google-assistant/
I need to add some “tags” to the relevant items in my .items file. One of the examples given is:

Dimmer BedroomLights "Bedroom Lights" <light> (gBedroom) [ "Lighting" ]

I tried to add the same tag to the first item in my .items file which then reads as follows:

Dimmer lampe_salon “Lampe du salon” {insteonplm=“23.6C.F9:F00.00.19#dimmer”} [ “Lighting” ]

Unfortunately this results in an error when my .items files is read by the system:

2019-03-15 09:42:32.559 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘default.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [1,78]: missing EOF at ‘[’

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Pierre

Need to move the tag from the end and place it before the channel.
Example:
Dimmer lampe_salon “Lampe du salon” [ “Lighting” ] {insteonplm=“23.6C.F9:F00.00.19#dimmer”}

With proper code fences:

Dimmer lampe_salon "Lampe du salon" [ "Lighting" ] {insteonplm="23.6C.F9:F00.00.19#dimmer"}

H102: many thank, it is working fine now.

Pierre

Glad it’s working.:+1:

If you would, please mark the topic solved by clicking the square box on the post that provided the solution and edit the title to start with [Solved].

Example:

Thanks

Done! Thanks again.