[SOLVED] Telegesis ETRX3: Status "OFFLINE" Failed to initialize ZigBee transport layer

This is fine - this is the only supported version.

I tend to agree with @anon71759204 - it still looks like you have two dongles defined somehow. If you do a list of all the things in your system, what does it show?

openhab> things list
zigbee:coordinator_telegesis:04000BE2 (Type=Bridge, Status=ONLINE, Label=Telegesis USB Device (ZigBee USB dongle), Bridge=null)

And are you still getting the “Multiple ZigBee bridges found” error? If so I don’t know what’s going on - the logs and this error point to you having two coordinators defined.

The other strange thing here is that this states the coordinator is ONLINE, but the logs above show an error and I expect it should be OFFLINE with this error -:

I can’t really tie everything together, but it still looks like you have multiple coordinators - somehow.

Reinstalling openhab 3 and putting the dongle in the USB as a fresh start results in same errors.
Do you think the new Conbee 2 via de deCONZ binding will work ? Better said that the serial port is not blocked or causing errors when using this new one? Will receive it in a few days.

thanks by the way for your persistant help which is much appreciated

1 Like

Strange - as above, everything points to you having some sort of duplicates, so I’m not sure what’s going on - sorry. Clearly we see communications with the dongle, and this is happening directly (ie within milliseconds) after the report that the serial port can’t be opened, so I have no other explanation. Possibly a full debug log would help explain it - that’s all I can really offer at this point so if you can provide this I will take a look.

I’m not familiar with this binding, but at the moment, given we don’t know what is happening, I am not sure it will make any difference since they will both use the same serial driver.

Conbee 2 received and reinstalled / flashed the pi and then connected the Conbee into the USB.

Fronttail :
2022-01-19 15:24:24.254 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘deconz:deconz:fbc3e3504f’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Requesting API Key to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

API key is optional so did not fill that one in.

openhab> things list
deconz:deconz:fbc3e3504f (Type=Bridge, Status=OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused, Label=deCONZ, Bridge=null)

and the openhab.log of yesterday

2022-01-19 15:24:24.248 [WARN ] [internal.handler.DeconzBridgeHandler] - Authorisation failed
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:331) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:346) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniAccept.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:704) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(CompletableFuture.java:506) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeExceptionally(CompletableFuture.java:2088) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.deconz.internal.netutils.AsyncHttpClient$1.onComplete(AsyncHttpClient.java:109) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.ResponseNotifier.notifyComplete(ResponseNotifier.java:218) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.ResponseNotifier.notifyComplete(ResponseNotifier.java:210) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpExchange.notifyFailureComplete(HttpExchange.java:276) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpExchange.abort(HttpExchange.java:247) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpConversation.abort(HttpConversation.java:164) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest.abort(HttpRequest.java:819) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpDestination.abort(HttpDestination.java:502) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpDestination.failed(HttpDestination.java:252) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.AbstractConnectionPool$FutureConnection.failed(AbstractConnectionPool.java:551) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.Promise$Wrapper.failed(Promise.java:136) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient$1$1.failed(HttpClient.java:633) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.AbstractConnectorHttpClientTransport.connectFailed(AbstractConnectorHttpClientTransport.java:138) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.AbstractConnectorHttpClientTransport$ClientSelectorManager.connectionFailed(AbstractConnectorHttpClientTransport.java:188) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$Connect.failed(ManagedSelector.java:966) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.processConnect(ManagedSelector.java:369) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.access$1700(ManagedSelector.java:65) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer.processSelected(ManagedSelector.java:676) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer.produce(ManagedSelector.java:535) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.produceTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:362) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:186) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:173) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.produce(EatWhatYouKill.java:137) ~[bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034) [bundleFile:9.4.43.v20210629]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:777) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectorManager.doFinishConnect(SelectorManager.java:355) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.processConnect(ManagedSelector.java:347) ~[?:?]

@chris : when flasing the image via Windows Etcher on my new SDcard 16GB flashing goed ok until at the end of the validation it says : FAILED. When entering the SCcard into the Pi it works after half an hour however perhaps something is corrupted ??
Should a re-install via the command line in putty oerhaps be an option ?

I’m not really sure to be honest. I doubt that a corrupt OS would manifest as the binding somehow seeming to have two copies of a thing. A corrupt OS is much more likely to be more catastrophic.

I will set up openhab 3 via Windows 11. Just to see if it works there.

I tried it again on the Pi. removing the Conbee. shut down power and connecting telegesis to another USB port. It now works ! all green ! so indeed two instances in some way.