[SOLVED] Transfer Set Point and Boost from Thermostat to Actuator struggle

I`m running Oh2 on my Tinkerboard and a lot of things are working quite well.
I got some Homematic Devices and wanted to implement those in my OH2 Setup

Currently I´m trying to figure out, how to transfer my Set Point from my Thermostat to my Actuator.
Maybe someone can help.
This is my rule but i doesent work at the moment ( i found this in a Tutorial called heating boilerplate i think)

rule "Wohnzimmer: Wandthermostat folgt Stellglied"
when
    Item Heizung_WZ received command
then
    Soll_Temp_KU_AKT.sendCommand(receivedCommand)
    Soll_Temp_WZ_AKT.sendCommand(receivedCommand)
end

maybe someone can help - would be really nice

ok - i got it working
i made a direct-connection via the Homematic Webinterface…

but isn`t there a “pure” Openhab Solution for this ?

Further description of what you mean by “it doesn’t work” would be helpful. There is an infinity of ways that something like this could not work.

I see nothing obvious in the Rule that would cause problems so suspect the problem will be in the Item definitions or something like that.

Thank you for your help
My problem is the the set Temperature which i deliver to my Thermostat is not transferred to my Actuator…
In OH LOG i can se the correct value but the rule to transfer these Set Point doesen´t work :frowning:
Here are my involved items

Thermostat

Number Heizung_WZ          "Soll Temp Wohnzimmer [%.1f °C]"      <temperature> (Solltemperatur)    {channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx#SET_TEMPERATURE"}

Actuators

Number Soll_Temp_KU_AKT   "Soll Temp Küche Aktor [%.1f °C]"      <temperature>   {channel="homematic:HM-CC-RT-DN:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX#SET_TEMPERATURE"}
Number Soll_Temp_WZ_AKT   "Soll Temp WZ [%.1f °C]"               <temperature>   {channel="homematic:HM-CC-RT-DN:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX#SET_TEMPERATURE"}

maybe this can help ?

I temporarily solved my problem with a “direct connection” in my Homematic Interface but would like to know if there is another way to run this fully controled via OH2.

If you change the temperature of the thermostat on the wall then the item will receive an update and therefore not react to a received command trigger
Change the trigger to changed

rule "Wohnzimmer: Wandthermostat folgt Stellglied"
when
    Item Heizung_WZ changed
then
    val temp = Heizung_WZ.state as Number
    Soll_Temp_KU_AKT.sendCommand(temp)
    Soll_Temp_WZ_AKT.sendCommand(temp)
end
2 Likes

Booooom !
Thats it ! Thank you veryyyyy much :slight_smile: Its working smooth and i can put everything in OH2 now - very nice :wink:

The only Problem i have now is to trigger the Boost-Function via the Thermostat on the wall.
It doesen`t work anymore when i delte the direct-connection. Had this also with a rule working - but the items are defined as Switch and not Number.

This is my rule

rule "Boost Wohnzimmer"
when
Item Boost_WZ received command
then  
Boost_Aktor_WZK .sendCommand(receivedCommand)
Boost_Aktor_WZ.sendCommand(receivedCommand)
end

i tried to modify this but with no success :frowning:

Switch Boost_WZ            "Boost Wohnbereich"                   <fire>                       {channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:58a992ff25:MExxxxxxxx671:2#BOOST_MODE"}

Switch Boost_Aktor_WZK    "Boost 10 Minuten"           <fire> 		                 {channel="homematic:HM-CC-RT-DN:58a992ff25:Mxxxxxxxxxxxx0:4#BOOST_MODE"}

Switch Boost_Aktor_WZ       "Boost 10 Minuten"                    <fire> 		                 {channel="homematic:HM-CC-RT-DN:58a992ff25:Mxxxxxxxx99:4#BOOST_MODE"}

is there a way to get this working ?

Same as with the set point (Almost):

rule "Boost Wohnzimmer"
when
    Item Boost_WZ changed
then  
    Boost_Aktor_WZK .sendCommand(Boost_WZ.state)
    Boost_Aktor_WZ.sendCommand(Boost_WZ.state)
end

1 Like

Thanky your for your help and patience.
Works like a charm now :slight_smile:

That’s great.
Do you understand why it works now and what the difference is?
Please make the thread as solved.
Thanks
hc_292

Yes - with every Rule i create and the examples/Tutorials from the community i get a better understanding how Things work with OH :face_with_monocle:

A lot of possibilities with OH - and a lot to learn :wink: