Solved:Tried to set invalid state RINCON_5CAAFDAE955601400 (StringType) on item Sonos_Coords of type NumberItem, ignoring it

Good Morning,

I’m receiving this error message for my Sonos Playbar in openhab.log:

2019-03-05 05:56:34.213 [ERROR] [pse.smarthome.core.items.GenericItem] - Tried to set invalid state RINCON_5CAAFDAE955601400 (StringType) on item Sonos_Coords of type NumberItem, ignoring it

My items definition is:

String WZ_Sonos_Coordinator             "Coordinator [%s]"          <sonos_coordinator>  (WZ_Sonos,Sonos_Coords)            {channel="sonos:PLAYBAR:RINCON_5CAAFDAE955601400:coordinator"}

Does anyone of you have any idea what’s wrong?

Cheers,
Matthias

Item Sonos_Coords is in fact a Group of type Number ?

yes, it is:

Group:Number:AND Sonos_Coords (Sonos)

I guess I found the type on Group definition: AND is wrong, has to be AVG.

AND on its own is pretty meaningless for Groups. You’d usually use it like AND(100,0).

It’s not clear what you expect the AVG to do instead. You Group is of type Number but at least one of your member Items is of type String. You can’t really average strings.

It is okay to have Groups of mixed member types, but the Group type and Group state calculating function won’t always make sense then.

You don’t have to assign ANY type and function to a Group. For mixed members, that’s usually what people do. But it depends what you’re trying to do.

Group Sonos_Coords (Sonos)