[SOLVED] Update to #1530 FAILED

trying to update from #1525 to #1530-1

2019-02-22 17:58:59.563 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-nest, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-netatmo, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-binding-amazondashbutton, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-openuv, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-action-xbmc, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-icloud, openhab-binding-unifi, openhab-binding-expire1': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-classic; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-classic)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-classic/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-classic/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.classic; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201902220725,2.5.0.201902220725]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.classic/2.5.0.201902220725: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.classic/2.5.0.201902220725] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.ui.dashboard)"]]

I’m completely stuck.

Already cleared cache and tmp.

Andrea

Known issue, roll back for now. Their working on a fix as I type.:wink:

1 Like

H102
Is there a way to roll back to an earlier version if OH won’t load up ??

John

With build 1532 the UIs seem to be available again. Although it continuously keeps logging some exceptions:

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement ...

So far these exceptions don’t seem to impact functionality. I hope these exceptions are resolved by openhab-webui#16 when the openhab-webui build works again. :crossed_fingers:

@wborn any clue when that issue will be resolved?

btw do you know who in the team is focused on myopenhab cloud connector? I have an issue in github and I would like to highlight somehow … just to understand if that is a bug or simply my fault.

thanks for your support
Andrea

No clue as of yet. :construction_worker_man::building_construction:

@digitaldan and @MARZIMA know a lot about the whole cloud setup. Maybe they can have a look at your issue?

1 Like

If you have a backup that was created by using openhab-cli backup put the zipped file in var/lib/openhab2/backups then use openhab-cli restore /var/lib/openhab2/backups/whatever-backup-name.zip

If no backup then try:

sudo apt-get update
apt-cache showpkg openhab2

then

sudo apt-get install openhab2=2.xxxx

replacing the xxxx with the version you want to install.

2 Likes

I didn’t think about the backup option. Learning something new everytime I read the forums!! Luckily I copied all the all the folders over to my NAS box so I could just copy the needed folders back over to a fresh install. Then a few tweaks to get the missing links fixed. I will go the backup route as I’m starting to slowly build my sitemaps and other files.

Thank you

John Frankforther

There are several opinions on the best way to back up but for me I like to keep it simple and use openhab-cli backup or openhab-cli backup --full. The second way is a much larger file and I’ve read that it’s not needed for restoring but haven’t verified this so you may want to try both ways if going this route.:wink:

However you choose to backup OH just make sure it works by actually restoring from a backup.:sunglasses:

These exceptions seem to be resolved with build 1034. :slight_smile:

1 Like