[SOLVED] Update to Openhab 2.5.2.1 Itemsfile not recognized anymore

• Platform information: Raspberry pi 3 model b Rev 1.2

• openHAB version: 2.5.2.1

• Issue of the topic:
    From one day to the other my items were not reachable anymore… Even Amazon Alexa is able to find my items … But no Switch was functioning… so i decided to Update openhab 2 and now my items are not showing anymore in oh… Any idea where i should take a look??

In my items File i have only KNX rollershutter and light switches … KNX Adressed and so on are correct… As i said… It was working… I have no Idea how to solve this issue…

Many thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Try “touching” your Items file. Just make a harmless edit, like adding a space, and save it. Look in openhab.log for file load messages.

Hi rossko57,

thanks for your hint but i had no luck …
in my screenshot you see that i have to items file. the first one is my Vorwerk hover roboter and the second items file is for my lights and rollershutter. the item file of my lights and so on is opend in the backgroundd and unter items configuration you can see that openhab recognize the first items file…

Did you do the edit? Did you look in openhab.log for a load message? What did you find?

1 Like

2020-02-27 19:01:31.838 [WARN ] [ueemulation.internal.upnp.UpnpServer] - Could not send UPNP response: Cannot assign requested address (sendto failed)
2020-02-27 19:03:31.846 [WARN ] [ueemulation.internal.upnp.UpnpServer] - Could not send UPNP response: Cannot assign requested address (sendto failed)
2020-02-27 19:05:31.850 [WARN ] [ueemulation.internal.upnp.UpnpServer] - Could not send UPNP response: Cannot assign requested address (sendto failed)
2020-02-27 19:07:31.853 [WARN ] [ueemulation.internal.upnp.UpnpServer] - Could not send UPNP response: Cannot assign requested address (sendto failed)
2020-02-27 19:09:31.858 [WARN ] [ueemulation.internal.upnp.UpnpServer] - Could not send UPNP response: Cannot assign requested address (sendto failed)

for deep dive troubleshooting i need a beer :smiley:

Okay, so you edited your xxx.items file and saved it and there is no “Loading model ‘xxx.items’” message in your openhab.log?

1 Like

YES now i found one regarding my items file:
2020-02-27 19:16:46.205 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘myhome.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [79,1]: missing EOF at ‘Swtich’

i’ve got a typo there instead of “Switch” i had “Swtich”

Thanks rossko57!! perfect hint to check openhap.log file

1 Like