[SOLVED] Updated failes from 2.3 to 2.4

Hi,

when I try to update my openhab 2.3 (running on a raspberry pi2) to 2.4 nothing work after that.

I updated via openhabian-config

My switches on the basic ui not working any more. And in the log file I get many exceptions and errors like

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2018-12-21 12:05:16.605 [WARN ] [rest.core.item.EnrichedItemDTOMapper] - Failed transforming the state ‘NULL’ on item ‘Season_Name’ with pattern ‘MAP(astro.map):%s’: Couldn’t transform value because transformation service of type ‘MAP’ is not available.

2018-12-21 12:05:16.852 [WARN ] [rest.core.item.EnrichedItemDTOMapper] - Failed transforming the state ‘NULL’ on item ‘Day_Phase’ with pattern ‘MAP(astro.map):%s’: Couldn’t transform value because transformation service of type ‘MAP’ is not available.

2018-12-21 12:05:17.898 [WARN ] [rest.core.item.EnrichedItemDTOMapper] - Failed transforming the state ‘NULL’ on item ‘Zodiac_Sign’ with pattern ‘MAP(astro.map):%s’: Couldn’t transform value because transformation service of type ‘MAP’ is not available.

2018-12-21 12:05:23.944 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id ‘rrd4j’

2018-12-21 12:05:23.955 [WARN ] [nce.extensions.PersistenceExtensions] - There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id ‘rrd4j’

2018-12-21 12:05:26.876 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-package-demo’: Permission denied

2018-12-21 12:05:27.342 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘demo.items’

2018-12-21 12:05:27.527 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “GroupItem” with key “gFF”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:27.943 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “GroupItem” with key “gGF”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.032 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “GroupItem” with key “GF_Kitchen”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.048 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “GroupItem” with key “GF_Corridor”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.056 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “GroupItem” with key “FF_Bath”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.089 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “GroupItem” with key “FF_Corridor”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.455 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “GroupItem” with key “Weather_Chart”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.462 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Weather_Temperature”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.467 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Weather_Temp_Max”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.470 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Weather_Temp_Min”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.475 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Weather_Chart_Period”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.479 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “DateTimeItem” with key “Weather_LastUpdate”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.483 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Sun_Elevation”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.487 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Sun_Azimuth”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.492 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “DateTimeItem” with key “Sunrise_Time”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.495 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “DateTimeItem” with key “Sunset_Time”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.500 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Moon_Elevation”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.503 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Moon_Azimuth”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 12:05:28.508 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “StringItem” with key “Moon_Phase”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

Or

2018-12-21 12:06:44.029 [ERROR] [ding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler] - Can’t update state for channel astro:moon:local:distance#miles : org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.model.MoonDistance.getMiles()

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.model.MoonDistance.getMiles()

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1786) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.util.PropertyUtils.getPropertyValue(PropertyUtils.java:97) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.util.PropertyUtils.getPropertyValue(PropertyUtils.java:100) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.util.PropertyUtils.getPropertyValue(PropertyUtils.java:88) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.util.PropertyUtils.getState(PropertyUtils.java:53) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.publishChannelIfLinked(AstroThingHandler.java:156) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.channelLinked(AstroThingHandler.java:231) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ThingLinkManager.lambda$0(ThingLinkManager.java:300) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Or

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_11,12,26198261) has been shut down

at org.jvnet.hk2.internal.ServiceLocatorImpl.checkState(ServiceLocatorImpl.java:2288) ~[?:?]

at org.jvnet.hk2.internal.ServiceLocatorImpl.getServiceHandleImpl(ServiceLocatorImpl.java:629) ~[?:?]

at org.jvnet.hk2.internal.ServiceLocatorImpl.getServiceHandle(ServiceLocatorImpl.java:622) ~[?:?]

at org.jvnet.hk2.internal.ServiceLocatorImpl.getServiceHandle(ServiceLocatorImpl.java:640) ~[?:?]

at org.jvnet.hk2.internal.FactoryCreator.getFactoryHandle(FactoryCreator.java:103) ~[?:?]

Any idea for that?

br
Rene

I would also use the config tool and select Upgrade System, then Apply Improvements. After that you may want to stop OH, clean the cache and reboot with the following commands:

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

sudo reboot

Ok. I found some thing.

With you hints it works. But I must installed the 1.x MQTT Bindung and must link the astro channels new. Now I must check if the rest runs.

I onyl get some warning like:

2018-12-21 19:17:32.168 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Weather_Chart_Period”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 19:17:32.173 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “DateTimeItem” with key “Weather_LastUpdate”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 19:17:32.179 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Sun_Elevation”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

2018-12-21 19:17:32.189 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Cannot add “NumberItem” with key “Sun_Azimuth”. It exists already from provider “GenericItemProvider”! Failed to add a second with the same UID from provider “GenericItemProvider”!

br
Rene

Yes, this is due to the new 2.4 mqtt binding but the 1.x binding still works, just need to turn on “use legacy bindings” in PaperUI then add the 1.x mqtt binding.

Do you have those errors only at startup?

No. I get them every few minutes.

I get also

2018-12-21 19:27:04.877 [ERROR] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - -1 rssiInfo: unknown.method name (sending rssiInfo()

Not sure about this error but the ones above are complaining about duplicate items. Do you have item files or use PaperUI to create everything?

There’s a issue on github about the error. I didn’t read the whole thing so maybe you’ll find the solution at this link:

Now it works again.

The problem was the missing mqtt binding 1.x and that the installation add some things, but they were already similar available. The RSSI error is a knowing problem for ob 2.4. But this works.

Glad everything is working.:+1:

Please mark the topic as solved by clicking the square box on the post that provided the solution and edit the title to start with [Solved].

Thanks

How can I do this?

Click the box in the pic below on the post that provided the solution. I take care of editing the title.:wink: