[Solved] WeatherUnderground bridge COMMUNICATION_ERROR

Hello,
I have installed latest OH3 and I am trying to integrate my PWS to it. Therefore I’ve installed WU addon.
I have started with creating WU Bridge, giving there an API key (which is 100% working). The Bridge says COMMUNICATION_ERROR

this is my thing configuration:

UID: weatherunderground:bridge:c86787e395
label: Weatherunderground Bridge
thingTypeUID: weatherunderground:bridge
configuration:
apikey: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

tail says this:

2021-01-25 19:54:09.790 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘weatherunderground:bridge:c86787e395’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): An error occurred while parsing the response to the Weather Underground request. to UNKNOWN

2021-01-25 19:54:11.026 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘weatherunderground:bridge:c86787e395’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): An error occurred while parsing the response to the Weather Underground request.

what can be wrong there?

1 Like

Accessing your PWS requires a different binding than the general WU binding. Use the Weather Company binding instead. I believe this was covered in old documentation but it might not have caught up in the 3.0 docs.

This goes back to the changes in WU API a while back and the removal of their free tier.

1 Like

Thanks,
I have removed WU and installed Weather Company binding. Everything works now!

Michal