[SOLVED] Wemo Switch Working but Can't Show Power

In that case, there is something wrong with your device, as it does not identify itself as an Insight switch.
Here is an example how my Insight is shown in PaperUI.

This is what I have in my Configure - Things for this :

I actually have 3 insight switches but none are working which is fine as I thiink that if I get one working then the others willhopefully be the same. I also went back to my things.file and checked that they were in there as sockets and insight switches which they are. i have not added these through my inbox but manually. teh last time that I did this with the inbox they worked but I am tryign to make this resiliant and organise the files as I have mentioned previously. A bit of a longer way around but worth it in the end hopefully.

AH hang on in the COnfigure things they all say sockets. Is that right? Should insight sockets say insight I wonder.

You have configured them in a .things file ? Did not read that earlier.
In that case, you need to replace „socket“ with „insight“ in your type definition, otherwise you will never see the other channels.

1 Like

Tremendous that was the issue. The Things config. I can now bind the power channel to each of the insight sockets. Thanks so much for all of you help and patience. I can now look at the lovely habpane which I have been looking forward to.
The only thing that is strange witht the power numbers for the three Insight switches that i have is that once says 50.0W the the other says 52 (no decimal point and no W) and other says 11 (no decimal point and no W). Perhaps that is a setting on the Wemo device it self that I need to set on the WeMo app as all of the configs for Openhab are the same. Have you seen anything like that before as it would be good to have a W symbol after each of the figures.

No problem is not though and once again thanks so much for all of the help. Raelly enjoying openHab.

1 Like

This can happen sometimes in PaperUi, just ignore it.
Please keep in mind that is just an administrative UI, not meant for every day usage and device control.

Also, please mark this discussion as solved.

Once again thanks.

1 Like