[SOLVED] Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding not usable (OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

• Platform information:

• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0~M2-1 (Milestone Build)
    • Binding: binding-miio - 2.5.0.M2
  • Issue of the topic:
    I’m not able to control my vacuum robot via the binding -> OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR

What did I do to try to fix my issue :

• uninstall binding via Paper-UI
  • Install binding again via Paper-UI
  • double checked correctness of the token
  • restart RaspberryPi

Result:
No change

Story :
I did use the Xiaomi robot vacuum binding successfully in an older openhab version.
I did update to openhab2 2.5.0~M2-1 because the new z-wave devices are only supported there.
I’m not sure if this broke the binding or if it was an earlier update.
I’m not able to control my vacuum robot via the binding -> OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR

LOG shows:
2019-10-16 13:12:26.624 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
2019-10-16 13:12:27.616 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:generic:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
2019-10-16 13:12:27.626 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:generic:04ED30BE’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-10-16 13:12:36.647 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:04ED30BE’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)
2019-10-16 13:12:42.635 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:generic:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)
2019-10-16 13:37:37.226 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-10-16 13:37:58.336 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:generic:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-10-16 13:38:46.267 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:generic:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
2019-10-16 13:38:47.337 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
2019-10-16 13:38:47.418 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:04ED30BE’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-10-16 13:38:57.445 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:04ED30BE’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)
2019-10-16 13:39:01.283 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:generic:04ED30BE’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

I don’t know how to change the log level of the binding -> no binding shows up in the “log:get” list

The last strange thing is, that the list of “Supported Things” of my Binding is empty.

How do I verify the correct installation of the binding ?
All help is welcome

Same here … it was ONLINE for 1 minute then changed to OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR

OH 2.5

@Diver I had the same experience when I changed wifi networks a few months back. Every time I started openhab service, the vacuum would be online for a moment then revert to configuration error. It turned out that the token was reset. Can you check to see that the token was deleted after the upgrade? I’m still on OH 2.4 so I haven’t seen this one yet.

try first token as @cookiesandbeer suggested.

It might be that OH2.5 is more ‘picky’ with mandatory configuration not being there.
You could try if adding the model and deviceId fixes the issue. (did for someone else).

Hi, I have the same problem. I have verified the tokens of the two devices and they are fine. Has anyone solved the problem? :grin:

Yes, this has been verfified to be working with OH2.5.

I upgraded my own setup as well, and did not have issues with 2.5 released version.
If you have validated that you have set it up as per the link above or by paperUI and it still does not work, suggest you double check the following

• You do not have an older version of the binding running
  • You do not have 2 versions of the binding running
  • you have a single thing per device!
  • The binding is starting

If still nothing, set the logging to debug for the binding and see what is the output share if needed.
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.miio
log:tail org.openhab.binding.miio

I have the same problem for two of my Xiaomi Devices.
The devices are online and after about 60 seconds they go OFFLINE - Configuration_error
If i stop/start OH2 they are 60 secs online again or if i re-add the things.

Any Solutions?

Fixed it

Solution: extract Token again from Robot and put it into plugin config.

Background:
Since I did a Wifi-Reset of the Robot, it generates a new Token.
Or since I did cange the Xiomi Server location from China to EU it generates a new Token.
So the Token was invalide and the connection of the openhab plugin did fail.

By the way, all token extration methods via the app, did not work for me.
Token extraction via Backup did work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4pa7sesTzY

1 Like

thx,
I did double check every thing and found no problem.
At the end, the Token was wrong.