[SOLVED] Z-Wave bad performance? Move to new Stick

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: x64Intel/8GB RAM
    • Java Runtime Environment: openJDK 64 BIt, 1.8.0_181
    • openHAB version: 2.4
  • Issue of the topic: bad react time, loosing connection etc.
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

Hey everyone,
I just install a few qubino shutters. Some of them are having a realy bad performance.
So I checked HABmin/Z-Wave Network viewer:

It looks like I’m having a lot of connection problems? Just a few are green.
How can I fix that? Moving the host closer to the shutter is not an option… :frowning:

The strange thing is:
Node 8 and 9 are physicaly close together: around 20 cm.

Currently I’m using this stick:

I’m thinking about to switch to the follwing stick:

How can I move the stick wihtout loosing the attached node?

Why not? Have you seen Share Z-wave dongle over IP (USB over IP using ser2net / socat ) guide? You could plug the controller into a RPi and move it to a better location and give OH access to it over the network.

I have no reason to believe that switching to a different controller will improve this.

Also, keep in mind that this map is the map of neighbors and does not necessarily reflect the paths that actual messages take. And the red arrows do not indicate connection problems. I’m not positive about this, but I believe the red arrows are showing non-reciprocal neighbors. For example, 2 is listing 1 as a neighbor but 1 does not list 2 as a neighbor.

Now I do agree, this map does not look healthy. I’m just not sure that replacing the controller would fix your problems. It might. But when I had a similar problem, I added another mains powered device a little closer to the controller to create more solid paths to the controller for the other nodes and everything started to work great.

Thanks,
I havn’T seen that before…
But I found some USB Lan Adapter on Amazon.
I think my problem is antoher one, you’re right

David