[SOLVED] Z-Wave OH 2.4 Relay status

I upgraded my OH 2.3 to 2.4, followed the official guide for the Z-Wave upgrade, deleted all the Things except for the Controller, all my Z-Wave devices started to populate the Inbox and everything looked great.

I could send commands to my devices, here is an example for a Flush 2 Relay when i change the state from OH

2019-01-01 10:38:04.800 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘ZWaveNode16ZMNHBAFlush2Relays_Switch1’ received command ON
2019-01-01 10:38:04.801 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - ZWaveNode16ZMNHBAFlush2Relays_Switch1 predicted to become ON
2019-01-01 10:38:04.803 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode16ZMNHBAFlush2Relays_Switch1
changed from OFF to ON
2019-01-01 10:38:07.123 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘ZWaveNode16ZMNHBAFlush2Relays_Switch2’ received command ON
2019-01-01 10:38:07.123 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - ZWaveNode16ZMNHBAFlush2Relays_Switch2
predicted to become ON
2019-01-01 10:38:07.123 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode16ZMNHBAFlush2Relays_Switch2 changed from OFF to ON

But the problem is if I change the state from the device with physical button then the state is not changed in OH and there is nothing in the events.log

This worked with Version 2.3, anyone have any ide where I should start looking? same error for all my relays.

Check if your associations group (typically group 1 or Lifeline) is set to the controller.

Thanks for the reply.
I have checked the associations group and it seems strange, I use HABmin and it shows just an X if I add my Controller and save and then reload the page then it looks the same again, is this normal behavior in HABmin?
It looks like this for all my Z-Wave devices.

HABminZwave

Yes, it is a bug which cannot be fixed easily. Although it looks strange this is the correct display.
Does it work now?

It actually works now, thanks.
I will go over my devices and change the associations groups.

And thanks for the information about the bug in HABmin.

1 Like

I would recommend changing to the latest snapshot version as there are changes to try and work around these UI problems within the binding.

Thanks for the information, will the change to snapshot brake anything (that you are aware of)?
Is there a “upgrade” manual like when changing from 2.3 to 2.4?

No - the changes between 2.4 and 2.5 are minimal - nothing major has changed so you can think of them as the “same” with no upgrade required as such.

You’ll just need to manually install the binding if you are using the 2.4 release version.

1 Like