[SOLVED] Zigbee binding with IKEA tradfri

Dear all,

I have a question regarding zigbee binding. I have a new IKEA tradfri rgb bulb which I want to include into my existing openHAB. I’m using OpenHAB 2.4.0 stable with the zigbee binding in combination with a telegesis UBS stick. Discovery of the bulb works very good out of the box. I can even control the bulb via a color item and turn the bulb on/off. Only dimmer and color change will work somehow suspect. I guess this is causes by the different format the IKEA tradfri bulb is working. I read some hints about that here in the forum.
But what I cannot figure out is how to use this bulb with the zigbee binding without a tradfri gateway? Did someone managed it? I guess with the gateway it should be no problem?

Does somebody has a hint for me how I can convert the HSBType color into the right format and send it to the bulb e.g. with a rule?

Thank you for your support in advance

BR, kutzi

1 Like

See: Rules | openHAB

Thank you for that hint. I did not see this part of the docs before. My problem seems to be solved, even if this is strange somehow. I figured out that the color seems to be sent correctly but the colorpick is not updated correctly in my case. I have to investigate that.

Thanks again. If I cannot solve the problem with the bulb I will reopen this thread.

BR, Christian