[SOLVED] ZWave Binding problems since upgrade to OH2.5.0


I’m having big trouble with the ZWave binding since I upgraded to 2.5.0. I have a ZStick Gen5 and it seems to keep going offline, then online and a few time after offline again. It has worked very fine for years but since 2.5 I’m having this issue. When it’s online, and nodes get online also, every ZWave node works fine, but it keeps going offline a few minutes after. And it get online again without doing anything. Anyone had this behaviour ?

zwave_serial_zstick_3e2f2047_serial_sof changed from 78 to 79

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2019-12-18 18:49:47.678 [WARN ] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Exception during ZWave thread.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue full

at java.util.AbstractQueue.add(AbstractQueue.java:98) ~[?:1.8.0_152]

at java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.add(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:312) ~[?:1.8.0_152]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager.processReceiveMessage(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:417) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.incomingPacket(ZWaveController.java:1072) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.incomingMessage(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:411) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread.run(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:331) [bundleFile:?]

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2019-12-18 18:50:19.999 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:3e2f2047:node21’ changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED

2019-12-18 18:50:21.892 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:3e2f2047:node21’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

2019-12-18 18:50:21.901 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:3e2f2047:node40’ changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED

2019-12-18 18:50:25.647 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:3e2f2047:node40’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

2019-12-18 18:50:25.795 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:3e2f2047:node34’ changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED

019-12-18 19:04:45.329 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zwave:device:3e2f2047:node59’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2019-12-18 19:04:46.332 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller

2019-12-18 19:04:47.040 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.

Check addons.cfg and addons.config for invalid addons or syntax errors. he system tries reloading all addons once a minute if there is a bad entry.

I’ve checked, nothing special in those files, I’ve never changed them.
The only error I get is
2019-12-18 19:56:17.658 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-networkupstools1, openhab-misc-restdocs’
How can I remove those addons, even if I don’t think it has anything to do with my ZWave issues ?

That is your issue. restdocs moved to ui as stated in the Release Notes.

Nice. But I can’t find it in addons.cfg. Where is addons.config ?

In userdata, I believe

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Found it and removed restdoc, and it seems to have solved my issue.


I ran into the same issue after upgrading to 2.5 and was having a difficult time finding addons.config. If you’re accessing your OH files on a Windows PC via a network drive, it’s in the openhab-share drive:


In the addons.config file, I had to remove networkupstools1 from the “binding” line. So, this:


became this:


After that, a reboot got me working again.

I didn’t have the restdocs issue, but I’m assuming that the fix is to remove it from the misc line and add it to the ui line.

The only thing I see wrong with that line is having both networkupstools1 and networkupstools installed, likely fighting each other.

1 Like

Sorry, I wasn’t clear about it. That was the bindings line before I edited out “networkupstools1” (which was constantly trying to install and messing with my zwave devices). After I took that out and rebooted, everything worked. I’ve made an edit to clarify.

1 Like