[SOLVED] ZWave Things not appearing in HABmin or PaperUI

• Platform information:

• openHAB version: 2.4
  • Issue of the topic:
    I’ve just done a fresh install of openHAB (deleted the openHAB folder and replaced with files from a new download) as the current install was getting outdated and lots of things/items needed deleting or updating.

I’ve hard reset my Aeotec gen5 controller, and re-added it in openHAB along with the binding, the controller shows as online in PaperUI. I have added a Smart Switch 6 to the ZWave network, but this is not appearing in discovery. Also, the zwave network view in HABmin is blank, no nodes at all.

Now I’ve just downloaded ZWave PC Controller and I can see the controller and switch in there, and even control the switch via that app (I can hear it clicking on/off too) so I’m confident the controller has included the switch as intended.

Any ideas? Are zwave config files saved somewhere outside of the openHAB directory that could be causing an issue from the old install?

Thanks

Double check the prerequisites for Windows and make sure you have a valid xml file in your /userdata/zwave folder for your Smart Switch 6.

1 Like

Seems only the controller is listed in the zwave folder:

network_cfd7f156__node_1:

<basicDeviceClass>BASIC_TYPE_STATIC_CONTROLLER</basicDeviceClass>

A PC reboot did the trick!

Odd, but OK!

Thanks