Some things not showing in ide?

I haven’t done any Java in forever, but here’s a reason to look back.

I’ve followed the directions to set up the IDE and that seems to have worked. Things seem to build.

I’ve set up Eclipse as suggested. I see there is a Package Manager and a Project Explorer. Both show similar things, and I don’t know the difference between them.

Some things I expect to see don’t show there. Almost every thing I’ve wanted to know more about doesn’t show in either of those menus. It is on the disc and in git, but Eclipse doesn’t see it. What is missing? For example: org.openhab.action.mail. org.openhab.binding.alarmdecoder. I know there was another I was looking at, because I understood how it should be used, and now I can’t remember what it was.

There’s a couple of things I would happily experiment with - if I could figure out how! And things like the mail action not using the user’s port when ssl was listed should be easy to fix.

I know there have been some problems with the IDE setup caused by moving to a different build system as part of the merge of ESH back into the OH repos.

I’m afraid I can’t help with specifics but you might be able to find some help in Virtual Machine with openhabian image to improve the start for new OH-Developers.

You can usually do an import to pull packages into the IDE.

I was fiddling with that! When I try with these packages, Eclipse imports nothing. I haven’t been able to find a description of what it’s looking for to see what might be missing.

Many, many packages imported! Of the few that didn’t, it’s surprising how many I was interested in looking at. :slight_smile: