Somfy Tahoma binding "Cannot get login cookie"

Hello,

this is just to inform you: the SSL certificate of tahomalink.com expired this night. Therefore the Somfy Tahoma binding is not working any longer.

Regards
Reinhold

@Ondrej_Pecta
Hi Ondrej, do you have a workaround for this issue? :pray:

Hello guys,

this binding uses the default HttpClient which requires a valid certificate by default.
So the right solution is to wait for Somfy to update their cert for the tahomalink.com domain.

But meanwhile you can try this workaround… :wink:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1lcza8wnyclr24/org.openhab.binding.somfytahoma-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=1

Please let me know if it works (uninstall the bundled binding and copy this one to the addons directory)
Regards
Ondrej

tahomalink.com is back again :partying_face:

Hi everyone,

Since 2 days the Tahoma connection doesn’t work anymore. It worked fine for a while when using tahomalink instead of www.tahomalink, but since a few days going to tahomalink.com gives a ‘this site can’t be reached’ error and an invalid certificate. Changing back to www.tahomalink.com doesn’t fix the issue either.

Is anyone seeing the same issue or is it just me?

Hi, I got the same error:

COMMUNICATION_ERROR
Cannot get login cookie 

Well. If I go to www.tahomalink.com I can login with the e-mail and password from my thing.

Not the first time Somfy has caused problems. I estimate 5 months of downtime per year. Sometimes it works. But that has more to do with luck. The TaHoma Box was also recently updated. I can of course control devices via the cloud. Until now, the solution was to wait months until the connection worked again on its own for whatever reason. But this is unreliable and unusable.

Hi Michael,

I solved the problem by setting the polling interval to 15 minutes as requested by Somfy. But this is nonsense because it means a status change can take up to 15 minutes until being recognized by openHAB. Then I purchased a Velux KLF 200 which is also capable to control Somfy motors. But the last firmware update of my Somfy Connexoon allows local access and the binding was changed to use this. Now I use both gateways cloudless. The status feedback via the Velux KLF 200 is more accurate than via Connexoon as you can see on the followins eventlog entries (RL_BA_s = Velux KLF 200, RL_Ba_l = Somfy Conexxon):

2024-01-29 17:27:43.080 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘RL_Ba_l’ received command 95
2024-01-29 17:27:43.083 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ‘RL_Ba_l’ predicted to become 95
2024-01-29 17:27:43.084 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘RL_Ba_l’ changed from 30 to 95
2024-01-29 17:27:48.212 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘RL_Ba_s’ changed from 30 to 95
2024-01-29 17:27:54.265 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘RL_Ba_l’ changed from 95 to 61
2024-01-29 17:28:06.609 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘RL_Ba_l’ changed from 61 to 95

This way I have a stable system and also a backup in case one of the gatways breaks.

Best regards,
Reinhold