Somfy Tahoma Communication Error

Hi,

sometimes my Somfy roller shutters aren’t working. A few days ago I created a rule to monitor the status of my Things and found out that my Somfy Tahoma bridge goes offline rather frequently.

The log files show a lot of the following kind of error messages:

2020-03-29 14:08:39.451 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘somfytahoma:bridge:xxxxxxx’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2020-03-29 14:08:39.459 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘somfytahoma:rollershutter_silent:xxxxxx’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2020-03-29 14:08:49.670 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘somfytahoma:bridge:xxxxxxx’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
2020-03-29 14:08:49.685 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘somfytahoma:rollershutter_silent:xxxxxx’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE

At random intervals the bridge starts to toggle between offline and online every few seconds. After a while it stops and the bridge remains in online state.

So far I couldn’t identify a certain pattern or root cause for this issue. The internet connection is stable, as all other OH devices don’t have this problem. Therefore, it looks like an issue on Somfy’s side to me.

Does anyone experience the same problem or has an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Dirk

P.S. I am running openHAB 2.5.3-1 with the latest updates on a Raspberry Pi connected via LAN to my network switch.

Please post the rule that created this issue.

Also, if you have not tried cleaning the cache or restarting OH (at least 2 times) then I would give it a try.

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

sudo systemctl start openhab2

For restarts
sudo systenctl restart openhab2

Make sure that OH has fully restarted between each restart and after cleaning the cache OH will take a few minuets to get up and running.

The same here. It seems that the somfy tahomalink server has problems these days.

Thanks for the hint. I cleaned the cache and restarted OH several times, but it didn’t fix the issue.
My rule is only used to send me a notification in case the bridge goes offline, because the Somfy app doesn’t inform the user about these short-time disconnects.
Two days ago the Somfy server was offline for several hours and I couldn’t control any of my devices - neither via OH nor Somfy’s Tahoma app.
It would be great if the binding would allow to locally connect to the bridge w/o internet connection. But that’s probably a limitation of the Somfy API.

Same here!
Cleaning the cache, restarting does not help either.
Working without the server would be a bliss!
BTW. Does anyone know an alternative, cloud-free solution to tahoma ?

1 Like

Hi There,

I know, I am late for an answer, but give it a try:

Connect TaHoma Box directly to the DHCP router, no switch or hub inbetween. (DLAN or WLAN are no valid connection points as well ).

It is not possible to trigger TaHoma locally, only commands via the TaHoma Servers are accepted, so sorry, but there is no workaround.

Regards