Sonoff Tasmota Link to openHAB

Firstly, thank you so much @jonnydev13 for all your kind words! It is most appreciated :smiley: Its also nice to know that my attempt at understanding and working through can be seen.

Secondly, thank you for the clarification on the contact. Using the MAP function I’ve managed to use type Contact in my .items and all works as should :smiley: So, thank you for that!

Thirdly, I now understand why one of the devices will get kicked off if they have the same clientID. Now, if you dont mind just a bit further clarification if possible. Suppose I want to utilise the mqtt authentication using username and password. Is this the same username and password i would use in the Tasmota setup?

Thank you so much, really made my day :smiley: Likewise, @H102 all your help as I’ve mentioned throughout has helped my knowledge so much so thank you once again :smiley:

Glad you were able to get the contact type working!

I haven’t used mqtt authentication since I only use it within my private local network, but I took a quick glance at the docs to learn the basics. https://mosquitto.org/man/mosquitto-conf-5.html

I think that when setup, the authentication just allows a client to access to mqtt server. Once authenticated, the client can read from and write to topics. I’m pretty sure you could use the same username and password for tasmota and openhab, although you could set them up to use different ones too if you had reason to do that.

This is more advanced, but it’s also possible to set up an access control list (acl) that can limit access to topics based on username. Not something I would need for a simple home automation mqtt server, but I could see uses for it in more complex setups.

Thanks very much for the summary there! Most helpful :slight_smile:

I will most probably leave this alone, as you say I will also be using mqtt server on my private local network.

Once again, thanks for all your help! :slight_smile:

Hi Jeevs,
Can you please share your item and sitemap on how you did it.
Thanks

Hi sldm,

I’m probably a bit late in responding, I’ve been away apologies for this. However, the above setup is for mqtt v1. I do have an updated version of my site map and items fir that if you’d like?

You could also find the v2 on my profile posts.

Thanks