Sonos ... Audio Sink ... Say?

Good question. I have also asked myself this.

Did you try to click on “morre” besides those few channels?

sometimes I am blind :frowning:

Seriously though… Since that was only text (only mousing over reveled the block) my brain automatically assumed it was talking about the carrot symbols underneath it, to see more or less of the individual channel information.

It didn’t dawn on me that it only was there and not on my other things.

Mind=Blown!

Really though @Kai or whoever handles the graphic stuff for PaperUI, this button should be highlighted more to indicate that it is in fact a button and not a label. Or maybe make it an arrow under the short list of channels indicating more with a down arrow button that you click.

I am also testing say with SONOS. I made some successful tests with Swedish language and VoiceRSS on build #640
But the notification volume is something i have looked for, because the say-messages are very low in my case.

I cannot find the documentation you refer to, can someone be more specific where it is?

Thanks,

The Sonos-Part of the documentation is here. The “say”-command will use the Sonos Notificationsound.

This is the rule I’m using (SayCommand is the string item with the text):

val Number NotificationVolume = 20

rule "SagEtwas"

when 
  Item SayCommand received update
then
  var string AudioSink
  switch AudioSink {
    case Lautsprecher.state.toString=="Küche" : AudioSink="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_Bxx1400"
    case Lautsprecher.state.toString=="Wohnzimmer" : AudioSink="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_Byy1400"
    case Lautsprecher.state.toString=="Gästezimmer" : AudioSink= "sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_Bzz1400"
    default:AudioSink="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_Bxx1400"
    }
  gPlayer_NotificationVolume.allMembers.filter(s | s.state!=NotificationVolume ).forEach [item | item.sendCommand(NotificationVolume)]
  say(SayCommand.state.toString,"voicerss:deDE",AudioSink)
end
1 Like

Thanks!

The quality of sound from say-command using voicerss as TTS and sonos as audiosink is poor.

When I listen to the different sounds from voicerss it resembles “8kHz, 8 bit” more than “44kHz, 16bit”.

From the documentation http://docs.openhab.org/addons/voice/voicerss/readme.html it says:
“It actually supports only one voice: “voicerss:default”, which is configured to use 44kHz, mono, 16 bit sampling quality”.

What is your opinion?

Dear @opus ,

I’m just playing around with my sonos and OH2. I tried this in karaf:

smarthome:audio play sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_XXX1400 doorbell.mp3

This should play the standard doorbell.mp3 which is stored at /etc/openhab/sounds/. I get no error but even no sound. I already added the openhab user to the audio group. I thought this should be easier than starting with Voicerss.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
chr1s

Did you setup this Sonos box as default audiosink on PaperUI?

I’d do that and then check this command o karaf:

openhab> smarthome:audio play doorbell.mp3

1 Like

Dear opus. Many thanks. Sonos was already my default sink. I tried again now and it is working. I don’t understand why it doesn’t work yesterday…

That’s because the force is with me.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same here on 2.0.0.b5:

MaryTTS in both German voices is rendered way too fast on the Sonos audio sink - but working as expected when choosing English voice instead.

@Marty56: Have you found a fix for it?

@curlyel @Marty56

Same problem on yesterdays nightly build

Instead of “marytts” I am using “voicerss”.

The downside is that this is requiring an internet service which I would prefer to avoid due to privacy and availability reasons.

So do I.

FYI: I raised an issue on that:

Is anybody deploying maryTTS with a German voice rendered at the right speed?
If yes, which audio sink you are using?

Seems nobody is using maryTTS with German voice, because it is not rendered correctly.
Quite a pity. It was my hope to have some TTS without cloud involved

Why not make your own? :slight_smile:

Thanks Oli, sounds brilliant. But I’m afraid that’s beyond my capabilities :frowning:

As @Kai did some refactoring of maryTTS (among his work on many, many other stuff) for openHAB2 I was hoping he is using it himselve and probably in his native language :wink:

So I was wondering how to solve it if there is indeed some issue with the German voices on maryTTS …