SONOS Binding Errors in Log File after Upgrade to 2.1

Hello -

I just upgraded my OH installation to the release build of 2.1.

After the upgrade I noticed two errors in the log file. One had to do with album art, the other with line in.

After a bit of research I found post that suggest to remove the SONOS things and to re-add them to remove the covert art errors as there had been updates made to the binding. I deleted and re-added the things and the cover art errors disappeared. I am still getting the following errors in regards to LINE IN.

2017-10-10 18:24:26.114 [ERROR] [.io.transport.upnp.UpnpIOServiceImpl] - Participant threw an exception onValueReceived
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Channel with ID 'linein' does not exists.
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.isLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:573)[110:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.updateChannel(ZonePlayerHandler.java:547)[191:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.onValueReceived(ZonePlayerHandler.java:450)[191:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp.UpnpIOServiceImpl$UpnpSubscriptionCallback.eventReceived(UpnpIOServiceImpl.java:144)[192:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.jupnp.controlpoint.SubscriptionCallback$2.eventReceived(SubscriptionCallback.java:222)[167:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
	at org.jupnp.model.gena.RemoteGENASubscription.receive(RemoteGENASubscription.java:114)[167:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
	at org.jupnp.protocol.sync.ReceivingEvent$2.run(ReceivingEvent.java:130)[167:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_144]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_144]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_144]

Any thoughts on how to clear up?

Thanks,
Squid

In the code there is no channel"linein". I don’t use boxes having that feature, has there been such a channel in older versions?

All of the SONOS boxes i believe have a line-in option on them. I have not performed any customization or added any channels manually.

No, not all boxes have a line in. It us only one type that has that feature and a special connection box.
In that case the binding youhave used must have had the channel. The actual binding is missing the channel, hence the error.
Another thing to look for, there might be different things for boxes with line in, are you boxes discovered to the type or only just Sonos boxes? I’m away from my system and can’t.

You could try with channel ID “playlinein” instead of “linein” as stated in the doc (http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/sonos/readme.html ). It works for me.
“linein” was the name of the status variable in the old OpenHAB 1 binding.

Cheers.

1 Like

Sorry. I was looking through the chanel list and mist that one
Thanks for stepping in.

What’s weird is that all of my boxes (connect,playbar, play, zp80, zp100) all have line in…and the channels have all been built automagically when I installed the binding. I had no issues until I upgraded to OH 2.1 and then began to notice this error and the album art error. The album art error was simple to resolve. Delete all of the things and then let PaperUI discover and add back in.

I never manually created any items or channels/things…so this had to come from the discovery of the things.

My boxes are all discovered as the particular items that they are.

Squid

The channel linein exists but only for Sonos things that have a physical line-in. The strange thing is your things Sonos Media Room and Sonos Office which are linked to the unknown Sonos thing type. What are your Sonos model behind these things ? Were they discovered with this thing type by the binding or is it an error when you declared your thing in a config file ?

They were discovered with that thing type. These 2 locations are older zp80 and zp100 units. They have always been identified as “Zone Player”

Squid

The Zone Player thing type has mo linein channel. So the problem is cerainly with your old ZP100.
A solution would be to define your things for ZP80 and ZP100 in a config file with right thing types.
At the same time, we should try to find what’s wrong in our discovery code leading to the use of the default thing type.

I already know what could be wrong. I will provide a fix.

@KidSquid: Please run http://192.168.xx.xxx:1400/xml/device_description.xml in a WEB browser using the IP address of your two ZP80 and ZP100 and tell me what is returned in tag modelName.
Maybe “Sonos ZP80” and “Sonos ZP100” ?

Hi,
I have a very similar issue:

2017-10-07 09:30:06.490 [ERROR] [.io.transport.upnp.UpnpIOServiceImpl] - Participant threw an exception onValueReceived
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Channel with ID 'tuneinstationid' does not exists.
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.isLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:571) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.201709260841]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.updateChannel(ZonePlayerHandler.java:574) [186:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201709260841]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.onValueReceived(ZonePlayerHandler.java:525) [186:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201709260841]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.updateMediaInformation(ZonePlayerHandler.java:1063) [186:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201709260841]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.onValueReceived(ZonePlayerHandler.java:410) [186:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201709260841]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp.UpnpIOServiceImpl$UpnpSubscriptionCallback.eventReceived(UpnpIOServiceImpl.java:144) [188:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp:0.9.0.201709260841]
	at org.jupnp.controlpoint.SubscriptionCallback$2.eventReceived(SubscriptionCallback.java:222) [164:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
	at org.jupnp.model.gena.RemoteGENASubscription.receive(RemoteGENASubscription.java:114) [164:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
	at org.jupnp.protocol.sync.ReceivingEvent$2.run(ReceivingEvent.java:130) [164:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Extract from device_description.xml of my two Sonos devices:

<modelName>Sonos PLAY:5</modelName>
<modelName>Sonos CONNECT:AMP</modelName>

tuneinstationid is a new channel recently added. So you have to delete your old things and create them again.

<modelName>Sonos ZP100</modelName>
<modelName>Sonos ZP80</modelName>

Ok. I will submit a fix for the Sonos thing discovery later today.

1 Like

@KidSquid: my fix is already merged. I will let you know when it is available in an openHAB snapshot so that you can check if the problem is solved.

Thanks, that was it!

The fix is now available starting at snapshot 1064.
Please give me a feedback.