Sonos Binding: UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR

• Platform information: Raspberry Pi
  • Java Runtime Environment: Whichever was installed with the openhabian build?
  • openHAB version: OpenHabian 1.4
  • Issue of the topic:

Hey Everyone, first time posting. I have recently installed a fresh install of OpenHabian on my raspberry pi. I have been able to get all of my items to show up when binding them to the openhab things.

I used the Sonos binding tool to discover all of the devices. I went to the inbox, added all of the sonos devices. When I click on things, all of the devices are listed as uninitialized

Here is the Status:
Status: UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR No thing type sonos:Connect registered, cannot change thing type for thing sonos:zoneplayer:RINCON_949F3EB33C5801400

When I go to the Log, i see the following:

2018-07-31 17:30:58.286 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing ‘sonos:zoneplayer:RINCON_5CAAFDF3A2A201400’: No thing type sonos:Play5 registered, cannot change thing type for thing sonos:zoneplayer:RINCON_5CAAFDF3A2A201400

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No thing type sonos:Play5 registered, cannot change thing type for thing sonos:zoneplayer:RINCON_5CAAFDF3A2A201400

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.migrateThingType(ThingManager.java:303) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$1.migrateThingType(ThingManager.java:268) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.changeThingType(BaseThingHandler.java:684) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.updateSonosThingType(ZonePlayerHandler.java:2845) [204:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.migrateThingType(ZonePlayerHandler.java:2828) [204:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.initialize(ZonePlayerHandler.java:204) [204:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.10.0.oh230]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Thank you in advance for the help and sorry if I have not provided all the information that you need.

Since the firmware 9.0, Sonos has changed the case of their device model names. As a consequence, this broke the discovery in openHAB. I provided a fix already available in the 2.4 snapshot.

A workaround if you don’t want to move to 2.4 snapshots is to declare your Sonos things in a xxx.things file.

Hi Lolodomo,

where can i download the 2.4 snapshot. i can’t find it at cloudbees under
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/openhab2-addons/addons/binding/

thx

Wrong thread, sorry!:roll_eyes: