Sonos Devices Misidentified

I’ve just upgraded from 2.1 stable to the latest 2.2 SNAPSHOT

I have a series of older SONOS players - ZP80 and ZP100in my system. When I look at the things created in Paper UI the ZP80’s are identified as Play 3’s and the ZP100’s are identified as Play 5’s.

What’s interesting is that the name of the unit includes the correct model number when it’s identified but only in the name area.

See below.

I’m also seeing this error in the Karaf window

openhab> 00:02:58.714 [upnp-main-67] ERROR org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.up
np.UpnpIOServiceImpl - Participant threw an exception onValueReceived
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Channel with ID 'linein' does not exists.
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.isLinked(Ba
seThingHandler.java:571) [105:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.20171024093
1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandle
r.updateChannel(ZonePlayerHandler.java:574) [206:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.s
onos:0.9.0.201710240931]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.internal.handler.ZonePlayerHandle
r.onValueReceived(ZonePlayerHandler.java:474) [206:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding
.sonos:0.9.0.201710240931]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp.UpnpIOServiceImpl$UpnpSubscri
ptionCallback.eventReceived(UpnpIOServiceImpl.java:144) [207:org.eclipse.smartho
me.io.transport.upnp:0.9.0.201710240931]
        at org.jupnp.controlpoint.SubscriptionCallback$2.eventReceived(Subscript
ionCallback.java:222) [161:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
        at org.jupnp.model.gena.RemoteGENASubscription.receive(RemoteGENASubscri
ption.java:114) [161:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
        at org.jupnp.protocol.sync.ReceivingEvent$2.run(ReceivingEvent.java:130)
 [161:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:
?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?
:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

Any suggestions?

Matching to PLAY:3 and PLAY:5 thing types is expected because they are identical and we don’t have ZP80 and ZP100 thing types. Then the discovery code is using the real model name as thing label. Is it a problem ?
For the exception, I think I understand what’s wrong, we receive a notification telling us that there is no line-in connected and we try to update the channel while it does not exist.
Can you confirm that the ZP80 has no line-in ?
I am surprised that no one noticed that before as it should be the same with a PLAY:3.

I thought that Sonos was not providing this information for a PLAY:3 / ZP80.

I submitted a fix.

The ZP80 and Zp100 both have Line In capabilities.

The ZP80 is almost identical to the CONNECT and The ZP100 is basically the same as CONNECT:AMP except had analog outputs.

Squid

I need to update the matching for ZP80/ZP100 in this case. I have done a terrible confusion !

New fix for the wrong matching

My 2 fix were merged few minutes ago.
They should be available in openHAB snapshots when a new ESH build is included (probably in few days).

Thank you!

I’m currently running on one of the 2.2 snapshots…so do I need to download the whole distribution? Or can I just uninstall and reinstall through PaperUI?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Squid

I don’t know. Until recently I was using only the offline distribution. Now that it is broken, I switched to the online distribution but I can’t get a clear explanation how it works and what binding version it downloads.
By the way, I will inform you as soon as the fix is available in a distribution.

@Lolodomo

Many thanks…

Has the new version been built?

What is the best way for me to acquire it?

Squid

Yes, see Updated ESH bundles in 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT - Important for TRADFRI users.