Sony Devices Binding for OH3

AFAIK the app status channel is still broken. What should work is to start the app from OH and turn off the screen using a simple rule. But I guess that this is not your use case.

That is not exactly my usecase as i would like to start spotify on the tv from the spotify app.
But turning off the screen itself would be interesting. How can i achieve that with this binding?

Just send pictureOff to the channel system#powersavingmode

2 Likes

You could activate the android debugging on the the tv and use the “android debug bridge” binding to receive which package (in your case spotify) is started and trigger a rule that turns off the screen

Hello,

Total newbie here.
How would I go about simulating using the buttons on the remote? I think that I would create a Point from the IRCC channel. All it ever shows is NULL. If I click on NULL, I don’t get a list of commands. Actually, nothing happens. The commands map file has been automatically created. I’m sure that I’m just missing something obvious.
Thank you for any help.

see this post for start
https://community.openhab.org/t/transformation/138085

Hello
Now i have a problem the map file shows Home=AAAAAQAAAAEAAABgAw%3D%3D. and the iirc channel doesnt work.

Now if i stop openhab and clear the cache everything works again for a day or two after that it failes again with no logs i did not enable extended logs …

Any ideea ?

Also by pulling the data from the tv at :18863/sony/webapi/ssdp/dd.xml i get only

<av:X_IRCC_DeviceInfo xmlns:av="urn:schemas-sony-com:av">
<av:X_IRCC_Version>1.0</av:X_IRCC_Version>
<av:X_IRCC_CategoryList>
<av:X_IRCC_Category>
<av:X_CategoryInfo>AAEAAAAB</av:X_CategoryInfo>
</av:X_IRCC_Category>
<av:X_CategoryInfo>AAIAAACk</av:X_CategoryInfo>
<av:X_CategoryInfo>AAIAAACX</av:X_CategoryInfo>
<av:X_CategoryInfo>AAIAAAB3</av:X_CategoryInfo>
<av:X_CategoryInfo>AAIAAAAa</av:X_CategoryInfo>
</av:X_IRCC_CategoryList>
</av:X_IRCC_DeviceInfo>
<av:X_IRCCCodeList xmlns:av="urn:schemas-sony-com:av">
<av:X_IRCCCode command="Power">AAAAAQAAAAEAAAAVAw==</av:X_IRCCCode>
</av:X_IRCCCodeList>
</device>
</root>

Some questions to support the analysis:

• How is the ircc command being issued? Within a rule or UI element?
  • Does the non-mapped command work?
  • When the ircc command doesn’t work, what does the console commandbundle:list | grep Map provide as output?

rule dsl

what do you mean about that ? like using other buttons ? i never used that only rule to trigger the home or ok button press

all are active 240 │ Active │ 80 │ 3.2.0.202112181218 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Transformation Service :: Map

i guess all this information doesnt help that much do you have an ideea what and how should i log in order to get more useful information to debug this ?

thanks

With non-mapped command I meant to send the code AAAAAQ... instead of the mapped command Home.

I’m trying to explore if the issue is related to the mapping or to the ircc command

For setting-up a separate info/debug log file for the Sony binding please follow the instructions provided in my initial post in Sony Binding - Add-on Marketplace / Bundles - openHAB Community. Once available, I can have a look into the logs to get some hints of the issue’s root cause.

It might also help to set-up a simple UI cell from which you could send IRCC commans to the TV. E.g. this is my cell definition for sending the Options command;

component: oh-label-cell
config:
  action: command
  actionCommand: Options
  actionItem: BRAVIAKDL50W656A_IRCCCommand
  expandable: false
  item: BRAVIAKDL50W656A_IRCCCommand
  stateAsHeader: true
  title: IRCC Command

sorry for the late reply now i cannot send ircc commands anymore but in the separate sony.log file i cannot find anything strange just this two lines when i send a command

[INFO ] [g.sony.internal.AbstractThingHandler] - Thing initialization is called, trying to connect...
[INFO ] [g.sony.internal.AbstractThingHandler] - Starting state polling every 30 seconds 

and then in the logs i see

[INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'MediaruimteTV_IRCCCommand' received command AAAAAQAAAAEAAABgAw==                                                                
 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'MediaruimteTV_IRCCCommand' predicted to become AAAAAQAAAAEAAABgAw== 

but nothing happens on the screen

this is driving me crazy could this be related to an cec hdmi device that also has the ability to control the buttons ?

update remove the hdmi cec cable from the television company box and the internet dropped hmm… then tried to connect to youtube nothing so i started pinging the tv and now i have dropped packages. The tv is connected with an ethenet cable.
So what i did i disconnect the cable and connect via wifi and the dropped packages go away but still cannot send ircc commands so i did a clear cache of openhab and everyrhing is working like normal.
I will keep posting because is driving me crazy.

Thank you for pointing in the direction of Android Debug Bridge. It worked like a charm!

For anyone it may concern: After installing the binding, I had to manually add my Android TV device by its IP. Current app status appears in the following channel:

String SonyTVApp "Current App" { channel="androiddebugbridge:android:sony:current-package"}

First of all, thanks a lot for the great binding.
My binding and things works well, both IRCC and Scale things can function good, but when I check into the log, I found that my IRCC things is getting OFFline then Online every 30s, anyone have any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Your observation might be related to the retry process, whch tries to detect if a Sony device has been switched on outside OH.

For further analysis it would be great if you could provide the following information:

• Source/version of the binding. Please note that only the marketplace versions will be supported.
  • Configuration (including value of discovery.sony-ircc:background)
  • Log output

@andan Thanks for the work you do to keep this binding alive!!

Now that 3.4 is released, and openHAB development has moved to 4.0, were you planning to do a 4.0.0 build of the binding?

I intend to keep maintaining the binding for future OH releases as long as there is any interest (includung mine :wink: )

I’m also thinking to create a PR for getting this binding merged into the official addons repo,
However, I’m a bit reluctant to do this without support or at least the go from the original developer who seems to have left the OH community. The code is quite complex and contains some ‘ideosyncratic’ type solutions which would have the potential to make the PR review process quite time consuming for both the reviewer and the requestor.

1 Like

I’m interested, too. :wink:

I looked at the code a while back, and I agree with your reluctance to submit a PR for all the reasons you mention. It could be very gnarly to get through the review process. And I’m not sure that effort will yield much additional value, compared with the far less effort to keep the binding available in the marketplace.

The build for 4.0 looks pretty straightforward - POM change, copyright notice change, and a few SAT errors. I’m running it in 4.0 now, but I just did -DskipChecks=true to get past the SAT errors. :wink:

I’m also still interested in your binding Andreas. And always available in case you need someone for testing :wink: