Sony Devices Binding

I know why i had trouble finding the headphone volume in the past.
It just simply did not show up.
i can remember on older bindings there was an option like “hide audio settings” in the thing properties and i had to turn that off after every restart. now there is not such an option but the audio section is hidden in the scalar thing.
if i press “show more” i just see:

application control
av content
video screen

maybe i can help you adress this bug.
regards

jonas

restarting my OH-system did bring them back.
tried restarting my tv but they are still here.
strange behaviour. i cannot reproduce it atm.

EDIT:
Today the Volume Section is gone again. It does not matter if the tv is on or off.
Even a restart did not bring them back.

Hey Tim, sorry for asking but do you have an ETA for the next version with the repaired auth?
Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I was happily using version 2.2 of this Mod (running Openhab on a debian stretch VM).

Now I got my Raspberry and did a fresh install of openhabian. I tried the 2.4 and 2.5 jar but I always get this in the log:

2019-09-18 21:36:04.456 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.sony ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.sony

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.sony [205]

2019-09-18 21:36:12.133 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.sony-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.sony [205]

Any advice?

No ETA - work has gotten really busy and I haven’t had the time. Hopefully I’ll get some time next week…

Hi @tmrobert8, I have a problem with the DIAL thing. I get the error “‘sony:dial:3d16028d61d0’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): Initialization was interrupted”. I can find the thing on the THINGS menu, but if I try to create an item, f.e. VLC Status, I can create it, but it doesn’t work. Have you any suggestion on how to solve it?

Hi guys,
I’m using this binding with BDW-N9200 home theater system, trying to control it via IRCC. IRCC thing is connected and online, authentication key is entered correctly (requested by RQST and then entered).

Now, the part with .map file (where I should read all the commands I can send to it) is my problem.
the filename is defined as ircc-xxxxxx.map. If I rename it, to ircc.map it reverts back to original name. but nevermind that, I dont know where the file is.
openhab2 is running on raspberry pi. I was expecting to find it in /etc/openhab2/transform/ but its not there. only some default en.map and de.map
what am I doing wrong?

Dear all

can anyone say if beamer Sony VPL-PHZ10 is supported by this binding?

Thanks & regards
John

I have a sony str-dn2010 receiver. I use the ios Sony app AV Receiver Remote version 1.1.1 to control this receiver, so I know it is controllable over the network.

What can I do to help to add this device to supported devices? I can do packet captures if required

OH 2.4 runs on a raspberry. I would like to integrate a Sony Bravia KDL-55W955B in OH. when I install the binding, it finds IRCC, dial and scalar. Why can not find simple id? In the TV I set simple ip and the remote control was recognized. All things go online. After I turn off the TV via IRCC, all things go offline and the settings in the things are gone. What am I doing wrong?
I would be very grateful for your help.

edit: if I turn on the TV again with the remote control, things go back online

good evening,
can´t help anyone here? I would like to use this binding.
Why does the binding lose the mac address every time?

edit: if the thing is offline and enter the mac address, the TV goes on automatically and the mac address is lose again
then i try to control the TV via IRCC, for example volume up, the following message appears in the log:
`2019-11-04 20:33:13.912 [ERROR] [ding.sony.internal.ircc.IrccProtocol] - Bad return code from X_SendIRCC: 500 (<s:Envelope xmlns:s=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” s:encodingStyle=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/” xmlns:xsi=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance/” xmlns:xsd=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema”>

<s:Body>

<s:Fault>

<faultcode>s:Client</faultcode> 

<faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring> 

<detail>

<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">

<errorCode>606</errorCode>

<errorDescription>Action not authorized</errorDescription>

</UPnPError>

</detail>

</s:Fault>

</s:Body>

</s:Envelope>)`

Alright - just swinging back to this now…

@andirs - maybe next week I can get a new version out
@monopohl - is this still an issue for you?
@scorpion83 - I’m pretty sure the next version fixes this
@vanja - the maps should appear in the conf/transform and it’s a bug that it overwrites the map name. Should be fixed in the next version however (the map name overwrite that is)
@JohnnyX - give it a try but I don’t think beamer implement any of this. However, there is a sony beamer addon that you could hopefully use (look for it on github or the latest snapshot)
@skydiverscott - should be supported - have you given it a try?
@winni - your tv must be deactivating the ethernet port when off. Look around in power settings or network settings (I forget the name of the setting that says to keep the ethernet port powered).
@winni - the mac address replacement will be fixed in the next version but mac address should only be used to power on the tv - everything else should work once powered on.

1 Like

Hi @tmrobert8,

thanks for your answer. binding works so far. Unfortunately the binding does not find a simple ip. If I enter it manually, it won’t work online. At the moment I use ircc. Maybe someone has an example for the sitemap, because I can’t solve it properly with VolumeUp and Down via a switch.

i can pre test again if you want me to.

Hi @Jonas88,

what do you want to test?

simple ip or an example for the sitemap?

@winni
For simple ip - it’s easy to see if your TV supports it or not (assuming you found the menu option to turn it on). Bring up a console somewhere and do the following:

telnet  (ipaddress) 20060

(use netcat if on linux). If this doesn’t connect, then your TV doesn’t have simple ip enabled (OR it’s not capable of simpleip).

If it does connect, try the following (power on tv command):

*SCPOWR0000000000000001

(include the * and hit enter after you’ve typed it - change the 1 to a 0 if you want to test power off).

As for volume up/down - I really need to see not only the response but the request before it (preferably the whole sony log [see first post how to narrow it down to just the sony stuff])

Hey @tmrobert8,

do I simply enter SCPOWR000000000000000001 into the console?

Louder and quieter works with VolumeUp and VolumeDown.
It just can’t be displayed so nicely in the sitemap. I created a String item IRCC command over the channel and in the sitemap a switch with mappings that looks like this:

Switch item= IrccCommand mappings=[VolumeeDown=“Down”, VolumeUp=“Up”]

Unfortunately I can’t switch the switch properly without rule.

Maybe there is a better solution that I don’t know yet.

Enter *SCPOWR0000000000000001 into the console (the asterisk is important)

When I enter telnet (ipaddress) 20060,
there’s a connection but I can’t make an entry.

Just a status update - I’ve almost got the next version tested. Unfortunately I leave on vacation tomorrow until sunday - so either I will release it today (doubtful) or will release it next week.

2 Likes