Because it’s such a large binding that it’s going to take forever to bring it up to standards (which I’m in the process of doing right now).
Now that I’ve gotten done with the NEEO binding - I’ve gone back the Sony one to do four things:
- Bring it up to standards (rewrite portions of the code, document it, etc)
- Fix some of the issues people have been posting about
- Try to solve some long standing authentication issues (why certain sony things [like the HT-NT/RT soundbars] won’t work).
- Take care of some life cycle issues
Where I stand:
- I’ve rewritten/documented the DIAL service and am testing the new code now.
- Next will be SimpleIP (will be fast since it’s sooo small)
- After that IRCC (should take a few weeks)
- ScalarWeb - this is by far the largest and most complicated piece and may take awhile (especially because I have outstanding issues you all have documented).
Note: the next version will NOT be backwards compatible - I’m shortening thing UIDs (replaced UUID with MAC address), shortened channel IDs, etc.