Sony Devices Binding

Me too with scalar… constant binding reqs every second or so.

@tmrobert8 what should this warning mean?

2019-04-28 18:09:45.566 [WARN ] [ore.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: sony:dynamic

it appears every now and then, and when it does, it’s repeated for 15-20 times in a row…

to answer my own message… after installing latest version of the binding i did actually found that folder :slight_smile: maybe it’s smth specific to OH2.5? As before i was working on OH2.4…

Btw, @tmrobert8 I’ll test the binding a bit tonight, and then i’ll send you all the logs you’re interested in…

Same here

Will try to answer everyone in this single response:

1. Yes - if userdata/sony directory doesn’t exist, don’t worry about it - that’s just to clean up any data that may still be there from a prior version
  2. The flashing RQST on the screen. Confirmed and will be fixed in the next version
  3. “sony:dynamic” - expected actually. This was a workaround to something openHAB enforces that I don’t use. However, the next version may be able to suppress that message as well. Basically ignore this message for now (and it shouldn’t cause any issues)
1 Like

Awesome. It will be good to fix the RWST popups so that I can try the scalar version for my TV.
Thanks for your work Tim!

It puzzles me that i’m using scalar and i don’t have these popups?! :slight_smile:

The popups will (should?) only appear if you haven’t already paired using scalar. Once you pair - the popups should go away

That’s what i though, but other messages in this thread made my certainty, uncertain :slight_smile:

Hi @tmrobert8,
Have just had a quick look at your addon (rel 2.5-04/24-1), looks great :+1:, and so far it works with the devices I have tested.

But then I try to access http://localhost:8080/sony/index.html I get 404 “Not Found”, is there anything I have to do to get this to work? I have a new clean install of Openhab2.5 with only your addon nothing else.

I’ll fully admit that I haven’t tried it on 2.5 - so I don’t know if something has changed with their webservices that would make that invalid (I’ll try on a 2.5 system later next week). Just to make sure - you’re running 2.5 locally as well (otherwise local host wouldn’t work), you aren’t using https and you can access paperui on http://localhost:8080?

Basically - it’s the same address as paperui - just /sony/index.html instead of /paperui/index.html…

BTW - you have a DN1080 to test with? Next week - can I send you a definition file that will mimic the groupings (main zone, zone 2, etc) that you did in sony audio?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi,
for the record, I get the 404 also. I’m running openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1572 and I try to access the page with http://openhabian:8080/sony/index.html
I can access PaperUI on that machine.

To the other testers: Don’t you have the problem that the binding won’t notice changes to the tv station if you do it on the TV?

Using wich protocol? I am using SimpleIP cause Scalar did not work for me so far. With SimpleIP switching the station is recognized by the binding even if I use my TV remote.
Sometimes I think it doesn’t recognize that I have turned the TV on. But can’t reproduce it. I guess it is when the TV starts via CEC HDMI command from an external device.
After changing volume or station the state is updated in Openhab.

Sorry i meant Scalar and was refering to tmrobert’s instructions in post 672

I can confirm this, also having this behaviour. The scalar binding doesn’t get updates from the changes made on the TV itself…

1 Like

Just to let you know - that I’ve tracked down the ‘nothing changes’ issue on bravia tvs and hopefully the pairing issue as well. I’ll be testing tonight and will put out a new version (if everything works) tomorrow solving those two issues…

3 Likes

You are the man.
i’ll give it a go tomorrow since i am at home this week due to a broken arm :face_with_head_bandage:

I’m trying to figure this one out as well:

I have an older KDL-46EX720.

After installing the binding, the discovery and adding only the MAC address and Access Code manually, my configuration looks like this:

The device is online but the problem is, it doesn’t do anything. I’m also a bit puzzled about the Access Code entry since my TV doesn’t require one.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Just an update - the maven build process might be broken and I haven’t been able to generate a build yet. When I get an answer, I’ll post the new release here.