Sony Devices Binding

Just got my system up and running and I’m getting the same thing (403 forbidden). I’m really hoping that this is an error in my code versus sony knocking that service out. I’ll be testing and trying to figure out - I’ll report back to you

I’m going to need you to PM me the full log if you would - those ‘exceptions’ really aren’t exceptions for you and aren’t the cause of the issue. However - from the exception message you are using an older version of the addon - I’d definitely upgrade to the latest to see if the issue has been fixed alread.

No - there is a separate encryption key for entering text into fields. That message is basically saying there is no public encryption key for the text form on the screen. Usually not an issue since the device probably doesn’t support that

I see what’s going on now - they have changed how both DIAL/IRCC authenticate (it now uses the same scalar authentication method). Yuck - I’ll hopefully have a change for it soon…

I’m using the binding in 2.4:

331 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.2.0.201711091019 │ Sony Binding

Can I get the latest version in your Git Repository and install it in my OpenHab 2.4?

Let’s wait until @tmrobert8 fixed the authentication issue. Then I could build a new version for 2.4

Just to give you all an update. This was a fairly messy change - I had to extract all the various authentication methods and make them work for all of the services (including a substantial rewrite of the http protcol in the background). Good new however - all my devices have come back online after the rewrite. I’ll be testing early next week and hope to release a new version at the end of the week.

A few bugs that were also found and quenched:

1. DIAL now works again with TVs (the old API was being blocked by not having the newer authentication APIs)
  2. Worked around a sony bug that sometimes prevented the DIAL/IRCC from being discovered (basically their is a bug in the sony firmware that returns a malformed http header).
  3. Fixed a few bugs surrounding when IRCC would go online even though it shouldn’t have.

Tim

1 Like

Hi @tmrobert8, will it be installable on 2.4

once @tmrobert8 shares the code update I‘ll build a 2.4 version. Don‘t worry, because I‘m still on 2.4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@markus7017 I’m following your involvement on this task as I also don’t plan to move away from 2.4 as currently other versions are not that stable :wink:

i am waiting :slight_smile:

yep, features are nice, but stability is more important😎

Just an update - had to fly out earlier this week and didn’t have a ton of time to spend on this. I did run into an issue that I still need to solve but should have a new version next week if things go as planned.

1 Like

New release: https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/2.5-0723-01

1. Completely reworked the authentication - should enable ircc/dial to work now. Please note that this probably still contains bugs but give it a try and let me know.
  2. Completely rewrote the web port - now available at “ipaddress:port\sony” (where ipaddress:port is where paperui is - likely ‘localhost:8080’). Note that I added a whole type editing tab to this - please don’t use it for now.
  3. Fixed quite a few bugs along the way.

Hopefully @markus7017 can produce a 2.4 version of this (I’ve committed all the changes)…

Tim

1 Like

Just installed it and will report if i find any bugs. I noticed the jar is a whopping 44mb. Most of the other bindings i have in the addons folder are 400-800kb. I don’t care about disk space, just wondering why is it so big?

All 4 Things go online with OH-2.5 Snapshot on Windows.

But there is no profile to select with Sony Dial.

http://localhost:8080/sony/ is there now.

Thank you for your work, Tom

Another wish:
grafik
Is it possible to merge the service-name with the Item-name automatical like in this picture?

That’s because I haven’t optimized the build yet so it’s including all sorts of libraries that it shouldn’t be including. The eventual size will still be alot bigger than most addons but it won’t be that large…

I’ll look into this but have absolutely no idea where it gets that information from…

Yep - shouldn’t be a problem to do that.

Unfortunately i still do not get the binding to start:

2019-07-24 18:32:28.760 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.sony            ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.sony

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.sony [267]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

Any useful hints/guidance? Above it was told to install certain bindings to get the missing modules, but that obviously didn’t work for me…

Thanks

Try - from the karaf console:

bundle:install http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/gson/gson/2.8.5/gson-2.8.5.jar 
1 Like