Sony Devices Binding

Results:

[[]]

same here, but i guess that itā€™s due to me not setting up the aerial tv at all :slight_smile:

Result:
[[{ā€œsourceā€:ā€œtv:dvbcā€},{ā€œsourceā€:ā€œtv:dvbtā€}]]

Thank you all for your responses - FYI this is to restore the ability to quickly choose a preset. There will be new channels called ā€œPS_Channel-xxxā€ (where xxx is analog, atsct, dvbc, dvbt, etc) that will allow you to send a preset to and the TV will change to it (this also works for radio presets on AVRs). Example: send ā€œ50.1ā€ to PS_Channel-atsct will switch the TV to channel 50.1 (as long as itā€™s a valid preset).

Note: I have one remaining issue left that I have to tackle before I release this. I should have something by tomorrow I believeā€¦

Status update - was hoping for today but it wonā€™t be. Unfortunately leaving for a long weekend late tomorrow and donā€™t want to publish and have things blow up while Iā€™m gone so it will likely be next monday instead.

I donā€™t want to be rude but do you have any plans finishing this?

lol - been the goal for the last two years. After this one - I think the only thing left is to fix whatever bugs come up, address the port issue above and then start the onerous documenting phase (thatā€™s the real reason this hasnā€™t finished - openHAB just has too onerous of requirements for large bindings like this)

4 Likes

Thanks for all of the work youā€™ve done on this binding. Itā€™s been a huge help to me.

That would be really greatā€¦ I am using SimpleIP at the moment only because i canā€™t (or rather donā€™t want to) always update the Thing definition :slight_smile:

New release!

See https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/2.5-1216-01

Important notes:

1. Delete your ā€œuserdata/sonyā€ directory
  2. Not critical but please turn on all your sony devices prior to bringing them online (will help me)

Installation:

1. Delete your current sony jar from addons
  2. Wait a minute or so then stop openhab
  3. Drop the new jar into addons
  4. Power on your sony devices
  5. Start up openhab

Changes:

1. There are new preset channels: avContent#ps_channel-XXXX where XXXX is the source (atsct, analog, dvbc, fm, etc) based on what your device says (either TV or Radio for AVRs). This will allow you to select [quickly] a preset channel. Example: I could send ā€œ50.1ā€ to ps_channel-atsct to quickly select digital channel 50.1. This ONLY works with channels that have been scanned/preset on the TV/AVR. Note: takes about 30 seconds after the thing to go online for this channel to actually become operational and itā€™s clearly not a fast API call (my TV sometimes took up to about 10 seconds to actually switch).
  2. BIG change for me - the binding will now upload diagnostic information to github (sonydevices/dev and sonydevices/openHAB). This will allow me to see any new APIs and capabilities of the device (and thing types) that you all are using. Please note the only personal information being uploaded is the ip address and name of the TV - nothing else but technical information - feel free to check out the two githubs if you want to double check that.
  3. In this release, I can also use github to set thing types. One of the big issues we have is that some channels are not available if your device is OFF when you start up openHAB. Example: volume is generally missing. With github - I can actually set the thing type (which predefines all the channels you have) and your setup will dynamically use it. Basically the addon will check for the thing type file in github every 30 seconds or so - if it finds one, it will download it to the local userdata/sony directory and use that as the source for channels for your device (bypassing the need for the device to be on).

Iā€™m a bit nervous abut 2 and 3 but weā€™ll see how it plays out in practice. This slightly mimics how zwave binding does - but we are using github as the ā€˜databaseā€™ here (in addition to uploading capability information for myself)

Good luck and make sure you backup before doing this - if things go badly, youā€™ll want to restore!

Tim

4 Likes

I have the following behaviour. Every 30s (my Scalar Thing refresh time) my App Items change from Stop to the AppName and back to stop:

2019-12-19 15:36:33.303 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppYoutube_Lr changed from stop to YouTube
2019-12-19 15:36:33.347 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppYoutube_Lr changed from YouTube to stop
2019-12-19 15:36:33.350 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppTED_Lr changed from stop to TED
2019-12-19 15:36:33.352 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppTED_Lr changed from TED to stop
2019-12-19 15:36:33.355 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppNetflix_Lr changed from stop to Netflix
2019-12-19 15:36:33.357 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppNetflix_Lr changed from Netflix to stop
2019-12-19 15:36:33.360 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppZDF_Lr changed from stop to ZDFmediathek
2019-12-19 15:36:33.362 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppZDF_Lr changed from ZDFmediathek to stop
2019-12-19 15:36:33.365 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppARD_Lr changed from stop to ARD Mediathek
2019-12-19 15:36:33.366 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppARD_Lr changed from ARD Mediathek to stop
2019-12-19 15:36:33.369 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppKodi_Lr changed from stop to Kodi
2019-12-19 15:36:33.371 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppKodi_Lr changed from Kodi to stop
2019-12-19 15:36:33.374 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppArte_Lr changed from stop to ARTE
2019-12-19 15:36:33.375 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - St_Tv_AppArte_Lr changed from ARTE to stop

Need a debug log file of everything from one change to the next change

Hi guys! I cannot make this binding to work after updating openhab to 2.5.0
IĀ“m trying to configure this binding using files.

IĀ“m using the latest binding file and applied the fixes in the first post.

here is my thing file:
Thing sony:simpleip:home ā€œTVā€ [ipAddress=ā€œ192.168.100.6ā€, commandsMapFile=ā€œbraviaircodes.mapā€, netInterface=ā€œeth0ā€, ping=30, retryPolling=10 ]

and my item:
Switch TVpower ā€œTV Powerā€ {channel=ā€œsony:simpleip:home:powerā€}

but all I get in the ui is ā€œUNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDINGā€

can you point me to the right direction?

Your first attempt should be to see if you can autodiscover it via paperui rather than manually setting it up - then copy the config parameters to your things file.

However given that, your issue is with the configuration (which is using the documentation from 2 years ago that has not been updated and why I suggest the autodiscover route first).

ipAddress was renamed to deviceAddress
ping was renamed to checkStatusPolling

personally - Iā€™d simply specify (and let the others default)
Thing sony:simpleip:home ā€œTVā€ [ipAddress=ā€œ192.168.100.6ā€,commandsMapFile=ā€œbraviaircodes.mapā€]

I have to say: THANK YOU SIR!!! :slight_smile:

modifying the ā€œipAddressā€ to ā€œdeviceAddressā€ did the trick!!

I was going crazy with this and stay woke till 3 am trying to find this!!

I could not find the recent documentation on this changes but maybe if someone is having the same problem as me, they can find this here now :slight_smile:

again, thanks for your time

Thatā€™s because there is none! Up to now - the binding has been a pretty moving target and documentation has lagged quite a bit. Iā€™m having @andirs test my last change (simplified configuration) and once I release that - Iā€™m going to concentrate on getting this binding merge-able (which includes updating documentation).

1 Like

[[{ā€œsourceā€:ā€œtv:dvbsā€},{ā€œsourceā€:ā€œtv:dvbtā€}]]

Sony KD-55XE9005

I believe I just found this issue and fixed it - will be in the next releaseā€¦

New release: https://github.com/tmrobert8/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/2.5-1220-01

Changes:

1. Fixed bug on scalar app item events (mentioned above - thanks @andirs)
  2. Fixed sort order on capabilities
  3. Added support for simplified configuration

Note on the ā€˜simplified configurationā€™. What I mean by that is that on IRCC, DIAL and SCALAR - you can now just specify the IP address rather than the long url that autodiscover finds. This will allow you to manually setup a .things file with simplified configuration (deviceAddress=192.168.1.100 as an example) or to use paperui to manually create a thing directly with just the ip address.

Word of warning however - doing this makes alot of internal assumptions about the device and will probably work with most devices. If your device doesnā€™t go online, then you probably need to find the autodiscovery URL to set it up correctly because your device varied from the standard setup assumptions.

1K post - woooo!!! :smiley:

2 Likes