Sony Devices Binding

Argh - full of stupid mistakes today - forgot to call the code I wanted to try out on that last one! Number 4 ready…

unfortunately device still offline in PaperUI

OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR
Error connecting to IRCC device (may need to turn it on manually)

http://pastebin.com/SiZ1WaA9

Argh - another stupid mistake - number 4

ok, at the end of the log i can see a request to register the device - but still fails with > “Access code request error: 400 ()”

http://pastebin.com/WG77sivm

do i need to do something special on the Sony to start/enable the registration process?

The problem is that there is NO documentation whatsoever on the API. I don’t know how technical you are (but I’m feeling like you might be) - any chance you can download the Sony Media Remote for your phone (either andriod or iphone), fire up wireshark (html filter between the phone and your device) and then pair the phone with the AV? Post the resulting wireshark log - that will let me see how the media remote is doing it…

Thanls for the work Tim, much appreciated. I just tried running a tcpdump to capture a registration via the SongPal App and TV Side Show. Weirdly, there was nothing in the tcpdump… It is getting a bit late for me to try again (and my wife does not understand why I need to keep intrerupting her viewing pleasure) so I will need to wait until the weekend before trying again - sorry for the delay!

Thanks - I have the dumps between the media remote and my bravia and bluray player. The registration mimics that but apparently the AVs have something that is slightly different. Unfortunately I don’t own an AV so I can’t really test/capture that without someone’s help!

i should be able to capture the traffic. but i need some time for this and have the same “issue” with my wife :wink:
will get back to you latest on the weekend. thank you very much for effort and support Tim!

Thanks to both of you - look forward to seeing what it’s doing. Please make sure you capture the headers as well (those were important)

Hi Tim,

i have sent you by PM the capture of the traffic while registering the Sony TV SideView app on my iphone with the Sony AV amp STR-DN1030.
in order to get the Sony TV SideShow app registered, i had to put the AV amp into registration mode by “Settings/Network/register media remote”.There was no code being displayed on the AV amp screen, the iphone just registered.

hopefully you’ll be able to decrypt the Sony “magic” with this registration process :slight_smile:

please let me know if you need any further logs or packet captures.

thanks, Oliver

Interesting - I see one difference but a question for you. How did you know to put it into “registration mode” - did the sideshow app say that (ie did it give you instructions on that)?

Uploaded today’s version - may or may not work of course - please make sure you put the AV in registration mode…

actually the sideshow apps just fails when trying to register. therefore i tried this "registration mode"
i discovered this option on the sony while trying to register openhab with your binding in the last days.
When you click start on the Sony you’ll have ~30sec time to register the new “Media Remote Device”.

unfortunately not working… i’ll send you the capture too

http://pastebin.com/cKEkixmc

Just posted a new one (number 2!). The only difference I see now is that the device id (which is usually a mac address) appears to have dashes rather than colons as a separator - see if that is the difference.

FYI - I actually have rather high hopes on this one. If it does end up connecting - I still would like to see the debug log (especially what the getStatus url is returning when connected)

looks different this time… after adding thing in PaperUI the Sony thing remains for some time in state “Initializing” and within the log we get “Unexpected end of file from server” after register request

http://pastebin.com/NnmzP5VT

Weird - looks like it did the register but waited on the response too long. Could you restart the binding (it may go online if the registration actually worked)? Also - any chance you can run wireshark during the restart as well (we can see what’s happening on the network).

Thanks for the help!
Tim

no problem, will restart oh2 and capture…
but the sony did not confirm that registration process was successful - what he did for the sideshow app…

Stuliet,

When you get a chance, download the latest and try that on your system. If you’ve kept up with the chain - you’ll see that Oliverk found you needed to put the AV in registration mode first (see earlier in the threads). Be interested in the response you get as well.

Thanks,
Tim

Darn - then I definitely would like to see the wireshark output