Spa pool automation for SPANET SPALINK pool controller

I am looking at integrating the Australian made SPANET SPALINK spa pool controller into my home automation.

The manufacturer says there is no published API available. :frowning:

Has anyone perhaps deciphered the control message protocol for SPANET, or knows what type of comms are used between their wifi app and the spa controller?

Just curious whether anyone has in the meantime figured out the binding for a SPANET SPALINK spa pool interface?

It would be great to integrate this SPALINK spa pool control into home automation.

Hi Juerg,

I’ve just got one of these controllers myself (SV2) but it didn’t come with the WiFi module.
I am interested also to integrate the spa into the overall house automation, so I’m going to get myself a module and see what we can do … have you had any luck yourself with the comms ?

For anyone that makes it here, the only way I have found to automate my Spanet controller is through a Google Assistant Relay. Basically all your normal automation goodness with the action to tell a command to Google to control your spa.

I take it nobody much smarter then me has played with SPANET to figure out what can be done? I think there might be an input on the controller to inhibit heating which I might use as a fallback but would love all the features of the app dragged into openhab.

G’day Guys,

I realise that I am digging up an old thread, but I just had my spa installed and it comes with a SpaLink.

I’ve done some initial investigation into the comms the iPhone app is using to communicate with SpaNet.

I’ve started a file over on GitHub with the details which I will keep up to date as I work out more.

I should mention that SpaNet makes use of WebSockets. I’ve been able to observe the connected WebSocket via the iPhone app, but I have been so far unsuccessful in creating my own WebSocket.

Cheers,

David

David - good start! I also have a SpaNet controller. I am hoping I can get to the point that I can change the spa mode to Away remotely. I have another hard wired way to do this however that is going to be a last resort. Let me know how I can help although I am more electrical engineer then software programmer…

Cheers Shane

Thanks David, great start! I wish I had the expertise to help, but I will follow the findings as they come to light. Many thanks.

G’day Guys,

I’ve been successful in communicating with SpaNet.

I should have made it clear when I first posted. I’m a Home Assistant user, not openHAB.

I previously use Homebridge for development, so I have taken when I have learnt from poking at the SpaNet API and have built a SpaNet homebridge plugin.

It’s mostly working but I want to let it run for a little bit before I release any code.

Here’s a screenshot of it running in Apple’s Home app.

Cheers,

David

1 Like