Spotify Error Bridge

Hi,

I have several Spotify things configured, and whenever the Spotify devices are inactive (most of them Chromecast or google home enabled devices) show “Error bridge” status offline. At the moment I am writing this I am able to see all devices on the Spotify app of my mobile and it is also possible to switch the device on which I want to play from the android app. But when for example I am playing on my Living speaker and I want to switch to the office speaker using a rule, I get the following:

2021-02-14 01:52:57.795 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'spotifyDevices' received command ff699cXXXXXXXXX5bcc

2021-02-14 01:52:57.801 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'spotifyDevices' predicted to become ff699cXXXXXXXbcc

2021-02-14 01:52:57.805 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'spotifyDevices' changed from daeXXXXXXXXXXXea to ff69XXXXXXXXXX5bcc

2021-02-14 01:52:57.852 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'spotify:player:SpotifyBridge' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE: Device not found

2021-02-14 01:52:57.858 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'spotify:device:SpotifyBridge:SpotifyLivingSpeaker' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Spotify Bridge Offline

2021-02-14 01:52:57.861 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'spotify:device:SpotifyBridge:SpotifyLivingRoom' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Spotify Bridge Offline

2021-02-14 01:52:58.032 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'spotify:device:SpotifyBridge:SpotifyLivingSpeaker' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Spotify Bridge Offline to ONLINE

2021-02-14 01:52:58.051 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'spotify:device:SpotifyBridge:SpotifyLivingRoom' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Spotify Bridge Offline to ONLINE

2021-02-14 01:52:58.127 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'spotify:player:SpotifyBridge' changed from OFFLINE: Device not found to ONLINE

What could be wrong?

Certain Spotify enabled devices don’t show up in the Spotify api when they are in power save mode, like chromecast. While they are still visible in the Spotify app. You would need to activate them prior to sending a command to them.
It does look like the binding is not properly setting off line status detail of the devices, but that should not make a difference in the behavior related to the power save modus issues.

Thanks @hilbrand, can you please give me example how do I activate chromecast device?

Hi I am really stuck on this one. Can someone please advise how to activate the chromecast device? I tried for example sending a say command via the chromecast binding, but my Spotify thing remains offline

I have found this for Home Assistant, is there OpenHab equivalent?

Hello, I’m having the same issue even with devices that shouldn’t go to sleep like raspotify running on a raspberry pi.
Did anyone find a solution?
I found this Spotify Binding with Chromecast offline - #2 by vzorglub, but the proposed solution did not work for me.
Thank you

Have any of you guys found a solution for this problem?

If you are still interested in such a problem, I can give you a quicker way to solve it. I rarely listen to Spotify and I have a few always playlists there. Sometimes I get a 701 error with a notification every time I connect to accounts. The music is constantly shuffling around. I decided to buy spotify plays plan that would satisfy me. I decided to output music through a speaker, I only have Sonos. There I also specified the source of the data is Spotify playlist “random” songs. In my Sonos account (premium version) I specified a list of songs I would like to listen to. After each launch of the application after saving the changes, I no longer encountered this problem. I think you can run any account other than Sonos, but I haven’t tried it