Squeezebox Binding Openhab not updating

I currently use the Squeezebox Binding for Openhab with five squeezeboxplayers. The wired thing is that sometimes it updates the Titel or Artist etc. of a certain squeezeboxplayer and sometimes not it is very random and I have no Idea why it does so. There are no errors in the log files… It looks like Openhab is missing some data when a song changes etc.

Does someone have similar problems or is this a “normal” behavior…


Bridge squeezebox:squeezeboxserver:myServer [ ipAddress="", webport=9000, cliport=9090 ]{
	Thing	squeezeboxplayer	evita		[ mac="b8:27:eb:35:b6:d8" ]
	Thing	squeezeboxplayer	homeBuero	[ mac="40:16:7e:7a:a7:bd" ]
	Thing	squeezeboxplayer	kueche		[ mac="b8:27:eb:05:b1:22" ]
	Thing	squeezeboxplayer	maerlibox	[ mac="b8:27:eb:08:a3:15" ]
	Thing	squeezeboxplayer	meteoPC		[ mac="c8:d9:d2:10:88:35" ]

here a small abstract of my items file


Switch		SqueezeMaerliMicha_Power	    { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:myServer:maerlibox:power" }
Switch 		SqueezeMaerliMicha_PowerPing	{ channel="network:pingdevice:maerlibox:online" }
Player		SqueezeMaerliMicha_Control  	{ channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:myServer:maerlibox:control" }
String		SqueezeMaerliMicha_Title	    { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:myServer:maerlibox:title" }
String		SqueezeMaerliMicha_Artist   	{ channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:myServer:maerlibox:artist" }
String		SqueezeMaerliMicha_Album  	 	{ channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:myServer:maerlibox:album" }

If the content being played doesn’t contain the title/artist/album metadata, the binding won’t be able to update those channels. That’s the only thing I can think of that would cause the behavior you describe.

You could put the binding into debug mode, which should show the status messages that the binding receives from the LMS. The status message contains the metadata of the content (among other things). That will show whether the information is available for the songs for which the channels are not being updated.

ok thx for the idea with the DEBUG messages in the log file. Will now activate those and monitor the problem…

Great. Let me know what you find out.

You can also check this link to see if any of these closed issues may help resolve your problem.https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues?q=is%3Aissue+Squeezebox+is%3Aclosed

BTW, I didn’t see any open issues that were related to your description.

thx I might found the problem but I’m not sure why the problem exists:
I first I thought the problem was related to all the “öäü” in the ID3Tag due to the German language. However this was not the case. But I found a place in the playlist where the update failed:
When I’ve loaded this playlist (see picture) the jump from Track 10 to 11 fails. So the title and Album etc are updated for the tracks 1 to 10 but once the “new” album starts it fails to update the Album and Artist

Also in the log you can see that the Name of the Album gets set to “” the same for the Artist

07:02:16.044 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeMaerliMicha_Control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
07:02:16.344 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeMaerliMicha_Control changed from PAUSE to PLAY
07:02:16.654 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeMaerliMicha_Artist changed from Kasperli to
07:02:16.654 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeMaerliMicha_Album changed from S Häxegärtli to
07:02:17.535 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeMaerliMicha_Control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
07:02:17.843 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SqueezeMaerliMicha_Control changed from PAUSE to PLAY

I’ve set

org.openhab.binding.squeezebox                     │ DEBUG

hower I don’t see any erros what so ever.
From time to time I see this but nothing more:

07:03:15.633 [DEBUG] [ernal.handler.SqueezeBoxServerHandler] - Sending command: players 0

To see the status messages, you might need to set it to TRACE instead of DEBUG. Note that TRACE mode is very verbose.